Original: Chapter 32 - Clothes, Money, Men

"Thanks for taking me out to buy this, I had a great time. Even though you can be annoying at times," I joked with James and he clutched his chest pretending his heart was crushed.  

"Keep your eyes on the road, I don't want to die today!" I yelled at him grabbing hold of the steering wheel to keep us going in a straight line. How did this man even passed his test when he can't keep his eyes on the road. 

Today was a great day, James had taken me to a lot of different shops to buy different outfits for the McKenzie vacation. It is unfortunate that he isn't going because I would really like to get to know him on a more friendship level than just acquaintances.  

The amount of clothes I chose and bought was ridiculous, but the amount of clothes- more specifically lingerie and  bikinis James chose that I actually loved was rather impressive. Who knew men were gifted at choosing female clothing. It's probably because they chose what they would like to see women dressed in, you know items of clothing that turn them on. 

"Are you sure you can't come with us?" I asked, I really do want him to come alone. I feel like we would get along so well and it would take my mind off of Noah and Brooke for the week; especially having someone to talk to who knows me for me- not for the girl who 'stole' Noah from Brooke. 

"I've got to watch the house and the dogs, I'd love to tag along but honestly I need a rest from all the travelling I've done recently. You understand right?" James said and instantly I felt bad- I want James to come to Hawaii for my own selfish reasons. 

I nodded and stared out of the window admiring the view, I honestly can't wait for this month to be up so that we get to go to Hawaii. It's one of the places I have always wanted to go and I even put it on my bucket list when I was 8 years old along with things such as be in a romantic movie, fly to the moon and date Prince Harry. 

I guess going to Hawaii is one of the only things that will happen from that bucket list. If I knew becoming homeless and having to move into my bosses house then catching feelings for him and then being pied off was going to happen I would have totally added that to the bucket list; especially if I knew it would end up with me having the most amazing people in my life. 

After we pulled up into the drive way James helped me with my bags into the boathouse and I spent the rest of the day sorting clothes into piles and outfits ready to pack. Which reminds me I still need to get a suitcase and get my wages from Noah to pay James back for his generosity.

He bought all of the clothes because I told him I had forgotten my purse back here and I didn't have any money with me because I was too embarrassed to tell him the truth. What if he thought I was just a gold digger and only wanted to be with his cousin for his money?

*

I skipped down the stairs and headed to the house after receiving a text from Kelly telling me that someone was here to see me. Who could possibly be here to see me, everyone I know is either not talking to me or living under the same roof as me. 

I walked through the kitchen to the living room where I could hear Kelly talking with someone, who is here? 

"Trevor?" I said shocked to see him, what is he even doing here I thought it was clear that I hated him when I didn't return any of his calls after seeing him lip-locked with Brooke all over the newspapers. 

"Sophia...." He whispered and stood dumbfounded walking towards me, making me step backwards and raise a hand to stop him in his movement. "...I miss you, I know I fucked up- I get that now will you just give me a chance to explain. Please" 

"Really? You come here to the house of a man's family, knowing that you cheated with his fiance, messed with my mind and feelings and whats more you expect me to want to talk to you. Are you out of your mind?" I half shouted at this disgusting man while Kelly stood in shock at my sudden outburst.