Original: Chapter 16 - Strong, Independant Woman

Sophia's POV:

Knock Knock

"Yes...." I said yawning and turning over in my bed to face the door

"Sophia, we are leaving for my parents house in an hour. Please be ready" Noah said opening the door slightly and peered through and then retreated and closed the door allowing me to get ready.

I walked into the bathroom, took a quick shower, dried my hair and tied it up in a high ponytail. I then applied little makeup careful not to over do it because I prefer a more natural look. I then chose a pair of high-waisted jeans and a crop top from my closet and finished off my outfit with a pair of white trainers. All of my clothes I purchased at charity shops or at the market so the prices were a lot cheaper and affordable.

I then left my room in search for my old flip phone which has been on its last legs for years now. I checked the kitchen and the living room but it was nowhere so I decided that I can go at least one day without it.

Noah emerged from his study dressed in more casual clothes- a plain white t.shirt, dark blue skinny jeans and a pair of white vans topped off with ray ban sunglasses. He flashed his white pearls at me and then we made our way to the elevator.

"I love what you are wearing" I said truthfully checking him out. There was no denying the fact that I am attracted to him. I am really excited to see Noah's sister again, the last time we met we got along like a house on fire and I was looking forward to getting her number so we can hang out and go shopping or grab a coffee like normal people do.

"Oh I almost forgot" Noah said reaching into his pocket and pulling out a brand new iPhone "I got this for you"

"Are you serious?" I asked and he nodded "I can't accept this"

"Why not?" Noah asked cocking his head to one side

"Because it's too much, and besides I already have a phone that works"

"Correction.." Noah said "..had a phone"

"You got rid of my phone!" I said getting slightly angry at this point

"Well not exactly I...ummm... knocked it off of the counter and it broke" Noah said embarrassed scratching the back of his neck causing me to burst into laughter

"Well thank you for the gift, I will pay you back" I said leaning over to give him a hug

"Do you not understand the concept of a gift? It means taking and being grateful. No where in the definition of a gift does it say you have to repay someone" Noah said proving his point by showing me the definition of 'gift' on my new phone

"You didn't have to do this" I said taking the phone from him and inspecting it unsure of how to turn it  on. 

"Well you needed a phone otherwise I wouldn't be able to contact you" Noah said as if he needs to keep tabs on my 24/7 "In case I ever needed to kiss you..." He winked causing me to giggle "...you never know I might need a princess to come and kiss me if a witch turns me into a frog" 

We both laughed, then he said "On second thoughts.." Noah leaned in closer until we were inches apart "...maybe I should have a kiss now just to be safe" He whispered onto my lips before connecting them. The kiss was slow and passionate, every time we kissed it felt like the first. "Come on we better get in there, we have been sitting out here for ages so they might be getting suspicious" Noah grinned, had we really been here for that long; surely we hadn't so I clicked the button on my shiny new phone which said 11am. We had left the apartment at 10:15 and the drive was only around half an hour. 

I must have been so lost in the kiss that 15 minutes went by in a flash and it's probably because he is such an amazing kisser, he must have had a lot of practise. As soon as I thought about all of his exes which I didn't even know and the devil who used to be his fiance I knew this was too good to be true, maybe she was right.