Original: Chapter 27 - Unwanted Guest

Knock Knock

Jackson jogged from the garden to the front door after hearing a couple of knocks. "Mason!" He gave his friend a bro hug and a slap on the back, inviting him in.

Jackson briefly spoke with Mason in a whisper so neither Kelly or I could hear and then bought him over and introduced me. "This is Sophia, Sophia this is Mason."

"Nice to meet you" I smiled shaking his hand briefly, then turned all of his attention towards Kelly.

Mason is a tall guy, probably around 6 2". He has dirty blonde hair, slightly long but suits him extremely well and has a muscular build like Jack.

"H-hey K-Kelly," Mason said, standing looking at the floor uncomfortably. Although he looks like a tough guy, in that moment I could tell that his whole demeanour faded away and he was left vulnerable in Kelly's presence. I glanced in Kelly's direction and she gave me a confused look, so I nodded in Mason's direction and mouthed give him a hug.

She nodded still confused but walked over to Mason and hugged him, taking him a little by surprise. But he eventually hugged her back and a blush crept up his face after they pulled away from each other.

I smiled watching their encounter, although it was forced by myself I still feel like they might be good for each other, so long as Mason isn't anything like this Liam I've heard so much about, I think they could be happy together.

"Come on buddy, I'll get you that list" Jack grinned along with me and slapped his friend on the back once again.

"S-see you l-later Kelly" Mason blushed and followed Jack into the kitchen.

"Oh my god he has the cutest crush on you!" I squealed as soon as they left the room unable to hold it in.

"What you're being crazy, no he doesn't" Kelly turned away her cheeks going red, moving her hair around her face to cover her now red cheeks. 

"If you say so..." I joked and walked outside to the garden to pour myself a drink before anyone gets here. Everyone knows that drunk teenagers have a habit of spiking drinks, so grabbing my own drink and hiding some others in the boathouse means I can make sure I drink responsibly and don't get drugged. 

I headed over to the boathouse and placed a bottle into the bottom of my wardrobe along with a couple of red solo cups in case I happen to place mine down. One thing I learned in college when attending parties was if you put your drink down, never under any circumstances drink from it. The amount of times I stayed the soberest is too many to count on both hands. 

After fixing my hair, applying a little more makeup and changing into a cute dress, I headed back down the stairs and locked the boathouse so no one can enter. Well other than if they decide to jump into the freezing cold water and swim in through the arches. 

I must have been in the boathouse for some time because when I reached the house the party was in full swing and music was blasting through speakers managed by a DJ. I didn't even know Jackson hired a DJ!

Being 24 made me feel a little self-conscious, I was more than likely the oldest at the party and certainly the most mature. Seeming as I also only knew 3 people including Mason whom I had just met made me feel uncomfortable. Why did I agree to help throw this party? Oh yeah that's right, I agreed to help Jackson with his plan, and I still don't even know what it was! I doubt there was ever even a plan, I bet he just wanted to take advantage of the fact his parents were leaving for the night. 

I wandered about the party earning a few hungry looks from some teenage boys, each asked me if they could get me a drink, and each time I refused saying I was looking for my boyfriend so they wouldn't follow me around.