Original: Chapter 46 - The Plan

Sophia's POV

Waking up in a hotel room was a completely new experience, it wasn't that I hadn't ever slept at a hotel before- I had, but not a 5-star hotel with silk sheets that melted against my skin. The nicest place I've ever stayed in is a motel just outside the city when my father's house was revoked after he died.

After Noah's confession, I felt confused. So much of this still doesn't make sense but I'll stay away if it's for the best. I've started a new life before and I can do it again.

My phone buzzed from the bedside table. Deep down I hoped it was Noah. It was just Jasmine.

"Hey," I spoke into the phone.

"Get up sleepy head, we're going for lunch,"

"It's like..." I took the phone away from my ear and glanced at the screen, "half eleven."

"Exactly, I'll swing by the Mckenzie's and pick you up in 30 minutes," Jasmine said.

"I'm not at the Mckenzie's anymore,"

"Why? Where are you then?" I laid my head back on the pillow and braced myself for a long explanation. I told her which hotel I was at and gave her a brief overview of the situation. We agreed to talk about it once we are at the restaurant.

Ever since Jasmine moved in with Derek, she has got her life back on track. She is no longer working at Joey's on minimum wage and is now in a relationship which she seems really happy about. Although she says it's pretty new so she doesn't want to tell me about it in case that 'jinxes' it. Either way though, I'm glad she's decided it's finally time for something serious.

I was ready within 10 minutes so I waited patiently watching some tv until Jasmine arrived at the hotel. I raced down the stairs, phone in hand. I took the elevator to the ground floor and met Jasmine outside, she was in Derek's convertible.

"You ready to go?" She asked as I slipped into the passenger's seat and leaned over to place my bag in the back.

"Yeah," I said clipping in my seatbelt, " here exactly are we eating?" 

"At a cute little restaurant, I found just on the outskirts of town." 

We sat humming to the music which was playing on the radio. The drive was neither awkward nor comfortable but there was a silence that hung over us, similar to the silence created when you know you're withholding a secret from someone you love. 

Then again there was never this sort of silence between Noah and me, and he was keeping a secret from me for months. 

*

The restaurant was cute, it had an English vibe to it. There were round tables with 4 chairs around them neatly placed in rows on the large floor. Around the edges of the room were smaller square tables with two chairs. Jasmine spoke to the waitress and we were directed to our table. 

We took our seats and I began to look at the menu. A minute hadn't even gone by before I saw Jasmine become agitated out of the corner of my eye. 

"You okay?" I reached over and placed my hand on hers giving her some reassurance.

"Can we switch seats? I prefer sitting with my back to the wall." It was a slightly weird request but I agreed anyway. The strange thing was Jasmine had never had this issue before, but I wasn't one to question her, something was definitely up. 

"Better?" She nodded and then went back to looking at her menu, I did the same. 

Once again I saw Jasmine look up, this time I remained staring at my menu so hard in fact that I thought I was going to burn two holes through it.