Original: Chapter 24 - Pizza and Chick-fliks

"Thanks for this Kelly, I really appreciate it" I said as we pulled up to the McKenzie's mansion, I still can't believe how big it is and this will be my home for a little while. I wonder which of these hundreds of rooms I'll be staying in. 

"Sophia you have become one of my closest friends over the short time I have met you; my mother accepts you as her own daughter might be in for a bit of a shock that you are here but she will understand," Kelly said reaching over and placing her hand on my shoulder "we will find out why Noah is being such an arse and get revenge, I promise," Kelly pulled me towards her and embraced me in a hug. 

"Come on let's go inside...this is like a permanent sleepover," Kelly squealed causing me to giggle and follow her out of the car. "We'll get your things later once we've eaten, gosh I'm starving" 

"Okay," I said warily. I know I am supposed to be happy that I have another place to go but what if Mr and Mrs McKenzie don't accept me into their home; then I'll be homeless and probably go the same way my father did, I'll become a gambling alcohol and drug addict. 

"Mom....where is she...MOM I'm home!" Kelly screamed from the front door dragging me by the arm into her- well my home now. "MOM WHERE ARE YOU WE HAVE A GUEST!" 

As if that was Mrs McKenzie's calling she rushed to the top of the stairs and squealed just as Kelly had before and ran down the stairs. "Oh..uhhh...Sophia, it's so nice to see you again so soon!" She said, was she being sarcastic or am I just being extremely paranoid knowing that Noah hates me maybe so does his whole family. 

"Oh mother don't be like that, Sophia is my best friend in the whole world and she isn't after any money like Ellie and Patty..." Kelly said and then mumbled to herself "...those bitches" 

"I wasn't being like anything darling, I'm happy she is here, but wheres Noah is he in the car?" Mrs McKenzie asked the exact question I had been dreading since I got here 3 minutes ago. Maybe she meant it as a rhetorical question, surely she would have spoken to Noah after all they seemed really close the when I was here at the Gala. I remember that night like it was yesterday it was one of the only times Noah seemed to care for me more than a friend and more than an employee. When he took care of me after I blacked out it was the safest I'd ever felt since I was a little girl. 

My breathing picked up as if I was about to have a panic attack, I felt all of the colour drain from my face as I turned my head to look at Kelly who was staring intently at me.

"Well?" Mrs McKenzie said folding her arms across her chest glancing between Kelly and I. 

"Mother maybe we should sit in the living room, it's a long story" Kelly offered and her mother nodded. I began telling her about Noah and I's weird relationship, I have to admit it was a little awkward talking to his mother about our private, intimate kisses we shared but at the end of the day she is taking me into her home and she deserves to know why I am here. 

"...then he told me to get out and he never wants to see me again," I told her fighting back my tears. 

"Sophia I'm so sorry for the way Noah has treated you, I thought he really cared for you" Mrs McKenzie said sincerely and I gasped, she can't be serious Noah hates me and never saw me as anything more than an employee- I might not even be his employee anymore. The fact that he told me he never wants to see me again means that I may have lost it. "I'll have a word with him if that is what you want "

"Oh no, please don't I would like to...uhhh find out why he said those things myself if that is okay" I said and looked at Kelly, we both know there will only be revenge not civilised conversation but I can not tell her mother that, after all it is her son.