Original: Chapter 5 - Answer me now!

I stayed silent, what am I supposed to say? Hi Mr McKenzie I'm being evicted from my apartment and I don't know what I am going to do, so I'm going to probably have to leave my job after one day and move far away from your beautiful face! 

No I can't say that he will think of me as a gold digger who wants money from him and his charity.

"Sophia....are you there?" Mr McKenzie shouted in a panic down the phone, or that's what it seemed like, more than likely just because I woke him up.

"Yes I am here" I replied in a barley audible voice. "I'm sorry for calling you at this hour, I didn't realise the time until I had clicked the call button" Sophia what are you saying, now it sounds like you wanted to call him. Well you did want to call him my subconscious protested.

"Why are you calling me?" Mr McKenzie asked the panic now gone from his voice, which was replaced with a calming tone.

"Ummm." I replied knowing that I didn't sound convincing. Not even I believed that I didn't really know why I was calling him.

"Sophia answer me now!" Mr McKenzie shouted, causing my lip to tremble as if I was about to cry.

"I'm having some trouble with my apartment" I replied fully regretting this phone call, why does my emotional self feel the need to express my feelings to anyone who will listen, especially when the thing I hate the most is pity.

"What do you mean?" He questioned calming again.

"My roommate and I are getting evicted from our apartment but she is going to live with her cousin and I have no where to go, so I won't be able to work for you anymore" I finally replied after a few seconds, what am I going to do.

"Oh well umm, I think the company could provide you a place to stay until you can find your feet?" Mr McKenzie offered "Or I will have to find another employee, which is stressful on my part for something you have done". Am I supposed to be offended?

"That would be great, thank you so much Noah" I grinned and paced around the room in anticipation for my move.

"As I said it will only be until you have a place as I will not pay for you to live in one of my apartments for an extended period of time"

"I will pay rent" I replied quickly

"You wouldn't be able to afford a third of the rent" He snorted, then said "Be at work by 7am tomorrow" and hung up.

I now have somewhere to stay until I can get my own apartment. It was hard enough to find a place in New York the first time now I have to go through that long process again all because we were a couple of months behind on rent. At least this new jobs pays more than Joey's, does so I'll be able to find an apartment soon.

The worries of my housing situation left my mind so that I could sleep soundly, but I know that I will have to worry again eventually, the worry always returns when things begin to get better again.

I wake up early enough so that I can have a shower and breakfast before work. I also have enough time to pack a few of my things since I have to be out of here within the next 48 hours.

I rush out the door picking up my bags, keys and brick phone and job to the bus stop. Once I get to Mr McKenzie's office I begin work hoping that I would be able to get home a little earlier today to continue packing.

I continue to clean the trophy case that I was cleaning yesterday and notice a school photograph of Noah and another young boy who look fairly similar. Maybe that's his brother? I am careful to put everything back in the same place as it was in because I don't know if Noah is OCD like Monica is from one of my my favourite tv shows; Friends.