Original: Chapter 3 - Married?

We arrived at a small restaurant about 20 minutes away from MKT. The car journey was beyond awkward, the whole time I kept catching Mr McKenzie glancing over at me, but every time I looked back he would immediately turn his head and smirked to himself.

"We're here" He announced and opened his door, Noah smiled at me, and ran to the passenger side and opened my door, he seems like such a gentleman. I guess having money can buy manners, or maybe he just didn't want me to damage the door.

"Thank you" I smiled softly and got out of the car. I straightened my skirt as it had risen slightly and followed Noah into the restaurant called N&B's. I know this place and from what I've heard it is one of the fanciest places to eat in New York, and the most expensive.

"Do you have a reservation?" I asked curiously as he marched past the queue straight to a small room at the back of the restaurant.

"No" He replied as we walked through the doors, "Is the private room free?" He said with a demanding tone, once we reached the head waiters podium.

"Yes, of course Sir. We had a call that you would be dining here this afternoon, from a Mrs..." he paused checking her computer screen "...A Mrs Roberts" The young woman said and blushed.

"Adequate" He replied and snaked his hand around to my waist making me shiver, and butterflies fluttered in my stomach "This way Miss Jenkins"

We enter a small room which has a 2 person table in the centre. The walls were painted black, and there was minimal lighting except directly above the table. Noah comes around to where I'm standing and pulls out the chair for me. I thank him and he sits across from me. Immediately as we are seated waiting staff come in with already prepared food.

Do I not get a choice of what I want to eat?

I stare at the food wondering what I was about to consume. It looks like something that a dog would eat. My stomach growls a little causing my face to redden.

"It's Italian, just try it you will like it, I promise" Noah answered my mental question and I lifted my fork to my mouth.

"Is it steak?" I asked and Noah laughed

"No it's lamb" Mr McKenzie reached over to his napkin and placed it gently onto his lap before picking up his cutlery.

"Well it is very delicious" I replied and cleared my plate. I haven't had a proper meal in a long time since I don't have that much money so I live off microwave meals and chicken nuggets.

We made general conversation about work and other things, however when I asked Noah questions about himself he always changed the subject and seemed to want to know more about my personal life.

"So are you married?" He asked me

"No, I am only 24" I replied and sipped from my glass

"Boyfriend?" Why is this relevant to this conversation?

"No" I said and then asked him a question "are you?"

"Am I what?" He questioned raising an eyebrow.

"Married" I confirmed my question and he shook his head.

"No, I'm engaged" He hesitated but then replied. I felt a pain in my chest. I don't have feelings for him so why am I hurting from those words, maybe it's because in my head the atmosphere of this room and the fact that we were isolated from other guests, made me feel as though we were on a date. "Are you ok Miss Jenkins?"

"Please call me Sophia" I replied trying to act as normal as possible, so I fixed the napkin on my lap.

"So when are you and you're fiance getting married?" I asked trying to keep the conversation going

"We haven't set a date yet, and it all depends" Noah said and continued eating his dessert. Depends on what, surely for him to be marrying someone he must love them, so why would work get in the way of that?

"On what?"

"On Work" He says and stands up from the table placing his napkin by his plate. "Are you finished?"

I nod, thank him for the dinner and we exit out of the restaurant "Are we not going to pay?"

"No, this is my business" Noah replied with a smirk and held the car door open for me. The place is called N&B's, so it must be Noah and his fiance's name. "Where am I dropping you off?"

I gave him my address and we drove once again, in silence. I thanked him for the lovely meal and the ride, then we went our separate ways.

I unlocked the door to my apartment and heard the microwave bleep, Jasmine must be home from work.

"Hey Jas I'm back" I shouted

"OMG, who was that!" She screamed and hugged me

"What?"

"Who was in the car you just got out of," She replied more specific walking back to the kitchen and I followed.

"That's my new boss, Mr McKenzie," I replied proudly, I actually got the job! I hadn't had time to process the events of today, but somehow everything just seemed like it was fate.

"Wait the Mr McKenzie from MKT? Like the richest bachelor in New York?"

"Yes the same, but he is engaged so technically, he's not a bachelor, " I replied and took the ready meal out of Jasmine's hands, walked to the table picked up a fork and began eating it before she could even process what I had just said.

"So you got the job?" She asked

"Of course I did, you didn't see the competition I was the best option," I replied proudly and a little boastful.

"Someone's a bit full of themselves," Jas said and sat down with her meal across from me

"You should have seen them Jas, they were all there in hopes of catching Noah's attention," I said talking to her with my cheeks stuffed with food. Even though I had just eaten, lasagne is my favourite food.

"Woah already on first name basis are you?" Jasmine giggled and put another ready meal into the microwave rolling her eyes at me.

We sat talking about the job and interview until we finished our dinner. I wasn't really that hungry but since the food was there I didn't want to waste it. I picked out the clothes for my first day at work, which were leggings and a plain t.shirt since I was only cleaning and I would probably be given a uniform anyway.

We watched a couple of Gossip girl episodes and then I went to bed. Today has exhausted me, but I can't wait for tomorrow. I will get to see Noah again and I can't wait. I mean it's okay for me to have a tiny crush on him... right? It's not like I would try and ruin his relationship with his fiance. After all he is my boss.