Original: Chapter 4 - Let's talk...

This is it. My first day at MKT. I know it's not the ideal job but at least I'm here with a job at the place I have always dreamed of working. I had a quick shower and changed into my already picked out clothes and dried my hair.

"Are you excited for you're first day?" Jas asked shouting from the kitchen. Of course I was excited this was my first real well paid job.

"Yeah, but I've got to go, I don't want to be late" I replied, just as I was about to walk out of the door Jasmine called "We need to talk when you get back, it's really important."

"Oh ok, bye" I said, what could be so important that we need to talk tonight, why couldn't she tell me now it's not like I'm rushing to get to work.

I dismissed the thought, and made my way to MKT early, so I could get set up. Hopefully this job will pay me enough to buy a car so I don't have to take the bus every day to get here.

I enter the building and it still looks as big as it did before, but this time there are people rushing all around me, obviously late for work.

"Sophia" I heard Linda speak rather loudly from the elevator I waved and walked over to her. "I see you are early again that's rather impressive."

"Yes, you can never be too careful, especially with the busses in New York" I replied and clicked the button in the elevator to the twelfth floor.

"You don't have a car?" Mrs Roberts questioned raising an eyebrow.

"No, but I am planning on purchasing one soon" I said not wanting to tell her of my reason for not having one. I don't want pity from anyone, especially not one of my new co-workers.

"I'm sure the company can lend you a car until then" Linda smiled

"I'm okay taking the bus, but thank you" I said, I can't afford insurance or anything so how can I accept the company car. What if I had a accident, I would be totally screwed. 

Ding 

We reached the top floor, and headed towards the reception area where Linda's desk was.

"Oh, I almost forgot, here is you're uniform" She reached behind her desk and pilled out a uniform about my size and handed it to me. I took the light blue coloured uniform from Linda; at least it's not too hideous. "There is a restroom through there you can use to change". I thanked her and entered the restroom. I quickly stripped and slid on the uniform, it was a little tight around my chest area but at least it fit.

Just as I was putting my shoes back on the door flew open and none other than Mr McKenzie walked in going about his business when he was startled by me standing there tying my shoe.

"What the hell are you doing in here?" He shouted and I felt like crawling into the cupboard under the sink and hiding there forever.

"I..err... Linda told me I could change into my uniform in here..Sir" I replied making sure I added sir onto the end to be extra polite, I then picked up my bag and stuffed my clothes into it.

"This is my private restroom, you are not to use it again is that clear!" Mr McKenzie growled taking one stride forward, in an attempt to intimidate me, and it worked.

"Yes I understand, I apologise Sir" I replied staring at my feet.

I left the restroom hurriedly and went back to the reception to ask Linda where the cleaning products are. I was directed to a janitors closet down the hall from Mr McKenzie's office and was given a key. I thanked Linda and went back to Mr McKenzie's office.

He was sitting there typing on his computer with a scowl on his face, I looked at him for reassurance that I was supposed to be cleaning now and he nodded. I began to clean the seating area where I guess he holds his more causal meetings.