Original: Chapter 31 - Shopping Trip

"Have fun and don't be out too late," Mrs McKenzie said and gave Jackson a kiss on the cheek before he left, he replied with a quick yes mother and then went to pick up his date.

I turned to Kelly who was standing at the living room door texting on her phone.

"Kelly.." I called to her but she ignored me, obviously too focused on her conversation. "Kelly!" I yelled this time she looked up at me confused 

"What?" She said locking her phone and sliding it into her back pocket. 

"Was that Mason you're texting?" I asked and saw her cheeks flush red as she giggled to herself then shook her head attempting to return to her face to a emotionless expression.

"Yeah..." I have never seen Kelly so speechless before, her feelings for Mason must be pretty real and I'm so happy that she has fallen for him instead of this Josh guy I heard about. 

"Jack's on a date today, why don't you go on one with Mason?" I said to her but she looked at me like I was crazy. 

"I can't ask him on a date, that's not how it works" 

"How what works?" Does she mean that a girl isn't supposed to ask a boy on a date, because that is absurd. Of course when in high school and college it is a little awkward asking the boy you like on a date, but that is what makes it exciting. 

It makes the idea of a relationship more exciting, if we are in control of them. You may never know if  crush likes you back if either of you doesn't make the first move. 

"If you are worried about asking him, don't be. Trust me Kells guys appreciate if girls take control. Sometimes if guys have feelings for a girl they might be too afraid to admit it, and they just need a little push," I said 

"Hmm, yeah okay" She replied, well that was easier than I thought. It was harder for me to convince Jack to ask Carly on a date. 

"What would we even do on our date, dinner and a movie is so cliche" Kelly told me, gosh she is always putting obstacles in the way of everything. 

"Well what is he interested in?" I asked her and she rolled her eyes at me

"Everything a typical guy is interested in, video games." I chucked at her words, the thing Kelly doesn't realise is that she is also highly addicted to video games; although she always denies it.

"Invite him over for a video game date, it'll be casual and you guys can go play in the boat house where no one will disturb you if you want. I'll go out shopping or something" Kelly still seemed a little hesitant, but I knew she would come around to the idea, she definitely wants to hang out with Mason she just doesn't know it yet.

"Okay, fine" She agreed and padded into the kitchen to call Mason. 

I left her alone to have a private conversation and hurried to the boat house to collect my bag with my purse and headed back into the house. I might as well go to the mall and buy a few necessities I'll need for our holiday with the little money I have in my bank account. I know I have at least $200 saved up, so that should be enough to purchase a bikini and some other things. 

Kelly was still on the phone with Mason when I entered the house again so we didn't talk much but he gave me a thumbs up to say that their date was going ahead. Just as I reached the door I was startled by James standing around the corner. 

"God you scared the living daylights out of me James!" I squealed jokingly and put my hand across my chest to signal almost having a heart attack. 

James laughed and asked me where I was heading, and if he could tag along.