Original: Chapter 6 - Half naked...

This bed is as comfortable as a cloud (if you could lay on a cloud that is) I thought as I rubbed my eyes. I picked up my phone and looked at the time 3:37 am. I must have fallen asleep since I was wearing the same clothes from earlier.

I laid there for a bit thinking about how much better my life has got in the past week. I can't believe it, this stuff only happens in books.

My stomach made a loud, unattractive growl, so I stood up and went to the kitchen to see if there was any food already here otherwise I'm going to starve. I found some bread in a cupboard and placed a slice into the toaster. I searched the fridge for some jam and noticed there was also some milk in the fridge, so I poured myself a glass and sat at the island while I waited for my toast.

I sipped the milk, but dropped the cup slipped from my hands as I went to place it down and the milk spilt all over my green dress; before I had a mini panic attack I took the dress off right there in the kitchen so I was left in my underwear.

Since no one else was here I trudged around the apartment with the dress in hand to find the washing basket to put my dress in so that I can wash it when I wake up tomorrow. I couldn't find the utility room so I went back to the kitchen and left it on the floor in the corner.

I cleaned up the milk spilt on the counter with some paper towels and washed up the glass. I went over to the toaster thinking that my toast was ready but it wasn't, I glanced at the timer and realised I had set it way too high, there was a weird burnt smell cast over the kitchen.

"Oh crap" I said and pulled the toast out of the toaster throwing it on the counter because it was too hot to hold. As they say bad things always come in 3, first I spilt milk all over myself, now I have burnt myself. I wonder what the third thing will b-

"Sophia..." A shadowy figure said walking towards me. "Where are you?" Oh my gosh, it's Mr McKenzie I mentally screamed realising that I was standing there in only my underwear, and tried to hide behind the island counter. "What's that burning smell?"

As Mr McKenzie got closer his facial features came into sight and I could see the shocked look on his face. I felt his eyes scanning my body but I didn't know what to do I was frozen, it's been so long since I have hand any sort of male attention.

"I was making some toast because I was hungry but I burnt it" I attempted to fake laugh, trying not to be so self conscious.

"And you are undressed, why?" Noah questioned looking at me again, this time only at my eyes.

"I spilt milk on my dress" I said and pointed to my green dress in a pile on the floor. What is Mr McKenzie doing here anyway I wondered. "I didn't know you were still here" I tried changing the conversation, but my mind drifted to his appearance. 

Mr McKenzie was dressed in a pair of basketball shorts hanging from his waist. I could see his abs and every inch of his body looked like he worked out 5 times a week. His bed hair looked perfect, even though it was sticking up in all directions.

"I live here" He replied as if I was supposed to know that. Noah walked over to my dress, picked it up and put it into the utility room which was just off to the left of the living room. I didn't say anything because I was too embarrassed and so I just tried to walk away without him noticing.

"I didn't expect to see you practically naked Miss Jenkins" Noah said with a slight smirk, and then concealed it with a cough.

"I'm sorry sir, I didn't realise that you also lived here" I replied moving further behind the island

"How many times Sophia, it's Noah outside of work" He said with frustration, what is it with his frustration over me calling him Noah and not Mr McKenzie."And it's fine, it took me a bit by surprise but I could get used to it" I gave him a puzzled look and he rubbed the back of his neck, did he really just say that?