Original: Chapter 18 - Inside the mind of Noah

Noah's POV:

"Don't worry about it, I guess you will just have to find a way to make it up to me" Sophia said smiling at me, then flicking her hair over her shoulder and descended the stairs.I have to tell her, I thought to myself. It's not right, I like her I really do but when she finds out she will think our relationship has all been based in lies. "Are you coming or what?" She shouted from the bottom of the stairs looking up at me. I gripped the handrail and walked down the spiral stairs.

"Race you to the house" Sophia giggled and ran ahead.

"Hey that's unfair you got a head start!" I shouted quickly slipping into my jeans and shirt and chased after her socks and shoes in hand, I thought it would be easy to catch up because I was taller and had longer legs but I was so wrong. I haven't run like this since I did athletics in high school, I guess that was a good enough excuse, not just because I have 2 left feet which stop me from running and dancing.

Sophia slapped the wall near the door and shouted "I win" as she walked inside, I was still quite far behind so I attempted to pick up the pace and run a little faster which didn't turn out well as I tripped and almost tumbled to the ground stubbing my toe.

"Ow shit" I shouted and stopped running to examine my toe, I sat down on a bench close to where I almost fell and lifted my knee and crossed it on my leg so I could get a closer look at my foot. I squeezed the area on my foot which was hurting and blood started to trickle down my foot. "Fuck" I said trying to stop the blood flow since it made me uneasy.

"Noah" Sophia came running out of the house towards me "What the hall have you done now" She panicked looking at my foot and knelt down beside me "Come on we have to get this cleaned" She said and helped me stand up. I hopped into the house with my foot bent being supported by Sophia, I must seem like such a child not being able to help myself.

"My god Noah what have you done" Mom screamed and put her hands by either side of her face.

"I'm fine mother" I snapped hating to be fussed and treated like I'm incapable of doing anything myself, then I turned to Sophia and said "Would you mind helping me clean this, I don't trust my mother last time she cleaned a wound for me I almost passed out because of the strong antiseptics" I explained and hobbled to the bathroom where there were bandages.

"Sit on the edge of the bath and put your foot on the toilet" She demanded taking the medical supplies out of the cabinet and I did as I was told. Usually I hate being told what to do even by my parents but when it's Sophia I don't care, she is the only one who will stand up to me and I admire her for that as well as her beauty and kindness.

"Arghh" I complained as she dabbed the cut with the alcohol cleaning product

"Oh stop being such a baby, if I don't clean it you will get an infection" She said and continued to clean the cut even though I was in a lot of pain. After a few minutes she was done and had bandaged my toe.

"That's feels a lot more comfortable and better than I could have done" I said looking at my bandaged foot.

"Why didn't you put your shoes on anyway" She asked putting all of the supplies back into the cabinet.

"I hate losing" I replied standing behind her now as she stood by the sink washing her hands. I felt her breathing quicken as I placed my arms around her embracing her into a hug from behind, I wrapped my arms around her waist and placed my head on her shoulder "Thank you"

She didn't reply just continued washing her hands so I looked at her reflection in the mirror; you couldn't have thought of 2 polar opposites looking so well suited yet having completely different personalities. Sophia is kind, caring and puts everyone before herself even when it comes to money, and I...I am a liar and a cheat who doesn't deserve this amazing woman.