Original: Chapter 15 - Complicated

Sophia's POV: 

I sat there glaring at Brooke for how she has treated Noah. No man or woman for that matter deserves to be cheated on especially when you are engaged. I glanced over at Noah and saw the frustration in his eyes, Brooke skipped towards him with arms wide open acting like nothing had happened. When Noah didn't return the hug she gave him a questioning look as she pulled away causing me to smirk to myself. 

Just as I did Brooke's eyes snapped to mine and then to the newspaper on the counter behind me and she gasped. "Baby it's not what it looks like" She defended "Sh...she must have edited it or something!" Brooke added causing Noah and I to laugh. 

"Oh come on" Noah said "How can you try and explain this when there is clear evidence?" He said angrily so I reached over and held his shoulder and he calmed slightly. 

"She wants to take you from me, she only wants your money Noah why can't you see that!" Brooke spat 

By this point Noah was standing towering over Brooke and stared straight at her. "No Brooke you only want fame from me. You and I both know that we never cared for each other and the only reason we are together is because it benefits both of our careers" He shouted back "I never loved you now get out of my house!" He screamed pointing to the door anger filling his voice. 

"Fine, but you will regret this" Brooke smirked and left the apartment "I'll get someone to collect my stuff, and don't forget..." She said turning to me "...He will never want you, look at the state of you. Your poor, ugly and fat"

"Get the fuck out of my house and never come back!" Noah screamed again this time threatening to call the police for trespassing. 

"You know I'm right" Brooke said before leaving the apartment. She was right I am poor, I have literally no money to my name and I'm living off of my boss. As soon as I get my first paycheck I'm out of this place and Noah and Brooke can go back to what ever their relationship was. 

Noah sat back down next to me and put his arm around me pulling me closer to him. "Don't listen to anything she said its not true" 

"Yes it is Noah, I don't have anything of my own and I'm living off of you" I whispered trying to hold back my tears

"Sophia look at me" Noah said now facing me and looking into my eyes "That's the reason I like you" 

"Wh..What?" I stuttered

"You aren't like all of the other women who throw themselves at me, you don't care about my money....do you?" He asked and I felt like I had been stabbed in the chest.

"No I don't care about that" I replied and I saw relief flood over Noah's face and we ate the rest of our breakfast in silence. 

"Well thank you for breakfast princess" Noah smiled taking our plates over to the sink and washing them. 

I watched his every move and it was clear that he had never done this before causing me to laugh, so I hopped off of the stool and walked over to the sink. I pushed Noah to one side with my hip and began to wash the plates myself. "Thanks" Noah said grabbing a towel and drying the dishes still standing inches away from me.

After we had washed everything and put it away I began to walk to my room to grab a book before sitting in the living room and reading for a few hours, but I was stopped by a pair of arms wrapping around my waist from behind. Instantly my body froze and I didn't know what to do as Noah turned me around with his hands still on my waist.

"Now where were we before we were so rudely interrupted" Noah said in a deep voice and pulled me closer. I tilted my head upwards to meet his lips which were coming closer to me every second. When our lips met I felt electricity spark through me but not like last time. This kiss was more passionate, not hungry like the first time we had kissed- it was slow but exciting at the same time. 

As we pulled away I opened my eyes to see Noah already smirking at me, and with that he left the room leaving me standing alone wondering what the hell just happened. I had wanted to kiss Noah for so long since our first encounter, and it had finally happened but there was something missing and I just couldn't put my finger on it. 

Had he now chosen me over Brooke I thought to myself
Of course he hasn't 
My subconscious said and then added
If you didn't see the picture of her and Trevor kissing they would still be together. He is just using you

I know there is that possibility of Noah only using me for what...sex, but we hadn't even got that far we've only kissed twice and he said he likes me. This has just made things 10 times more complicated than they have ever been.

 It was simple when I had first met him, yes I thought he was handsome but I accepted him as my boss, and then I moved in here and saw him as a friend. But now, what is he to me? We aren't in a relationship but do I want to be? Of course I do he is perfect. 

All of these emotions rushing through my head caused me to get dizzy so I sat on the floor for a few minutes. What am I going to do about this? That's it I'm going to have to confront him about it. 

I walked into the living room looking for him but he wasn't there so I just decided to shout for him "NOAH!" I screamed cupping my hands around my mouth.

"Sophia are you okay?" Noah said running into the living room 

"Yup" I giggled jumping back onto the sofa 

"Why did you scream then?" He said angrily sitting across from me on the L shaped sofa 

"Well I couldn't be bothered to trek around this massive apartment to find you" I replied still finding his reaction hilarious

"So whats up?" He asked starting to relax, okay Sophia here goes nothing

"What is going to happen between us?" I finally spoke after a couple of minutes of silence. Noah's eyes softened as he looked at me and he shrugged saying "I don't know, I like you Princess I really do but I just got out of a relationship" 

I nodded understanding that he can't just jump into another relationship, especially with me who everyone thought was his cousin from the gala. "It would look bad on my reputation in the business world and you would receive hate as the girl who split Brooke and I up and I couldn't bare you being in a negative light in the media" He explained "I care about you too much to have your future career ruined because of me" 

 "I care about you too"  I said meaningfully and Noah slid over to me and embraced me in a hug caressing my back.

"I'm visiting my mother and father tomorrow would you like to come with me I know my sister would love to see you again?" He asked taking me surprised. 

"Yes I would love that" I replied and Noah and I sat on the sofa watching tv for the rest of the day together. Occasionally he would intertwine our fingers together but we didn't kiss or cuddle much to my disappointment.