Interview with @foxsoul

Here we have an interview with @foxsoul! She's a great writer, and has been at it for about 10 years now! Also, she can make fantastic covers and such things as that;)

Name: foxsoul AKA Aimee J.

Book Title: The Trouble With Bad Boys

Genre: Indie | Romance | Teen-Fiction | Young Adult

Summary:

Venus Monroe has spent the better part of her life, in the small town of Braden, Montana, with her eccentric, free-spirited mother. Her life has been anything but exciting. Between her mother’s plethora of ever changing boyfriends and her non-existent social life, she can’t help but wonder what’s outside of Braden.

Venus’s next door neighbor, Trevor, on the other hand, is living it up. In fact Venus is surprised his parents haven’t kicked him out yet. He’s got a nasty reputation in Braden and if it wasn’t for his father being the local sheriff he’d probably already be behind bars. They’ve lived next to each other their entire lives, yet they’ve never spoken, despite the fact that their mothers are best friends.

So when Venus’s mother decides it’s time for her to meet her estranged father and Trevor’s mother volunteers him to drive her half way across the country. The two find out there not so different, they also find themselves in so pretty sticky situations. He may be just the excitement she’s looking for, but will it be at the cost of a broken heart? Or will she be the one to change him?

Completed?

No, just started actually and I update weekly! Fridays! XD

What inspired you to write your story?

I just love the dynamic between two different people, being forced to tolerate each other. In this case The Bad Boy and The Quite Dreamer. Listening to Wait for me by Kings of Leon just kind of helped fit the ideas together!

Who is your favorite character, if you had to choose?

I honestly love both my lead characters, but if I had to choose…I’d say Venus. 

Does music influence your writing?

Definitely, I can’t really write without music. The songs: Wait For Me by Kings of Leon, Chemicals Collide, and Thunder by Boys Like Girls are a lot of the inspiration behind my story.

Tell us about your main character:

Venus is a dreamer. She’s never had a boyfriend, so she’s pretty naive when it comes to boys and love, but at the same time she’s not a damsel in distress who can’t take care of herself. She’s stronger then she thinks she is. Falling in love for her would be an adventure.

Is your story based on a true story?

Parts of it yes. I think that most of us as writers base our works of certain situations, we’ve experienced ourselves.

How long have you been writing?

Ten years now I believe!

What made you start writing?

Writing has just always been an outlet for me. I started writing small short stories when I was about eleven and I’ve been writing ever since, I’ve just always been naturally drawn to it.

What is your favorite genre to read?

I like reading romance and fantasy, something with some mystery and a strong female lead. I try to read books that are more under the radar.

Anything else you want to say?

It would be greatly appreciated if you checked out my story and followed me@foxsoul. I’d love you forever and we can be best friends! Also to all my fellow writers out there I wish you the best of luck and hope to see you work published some day!