Interview with @EmeraldFyre

Name: Emeraldfyre a.k.a. Katie G.

Book Title: Eiarex, World of Her Birth

Genre: Fantasy/Romance

Summary:

Nyril is half hume/ quarter shifter/ quarter faery. Her parents are killed on Earth because of a prophecy claiming someone who fits her description will become the next shifter clan leader. She travels to her home world and meets her soulmate, a shifter named Krath. She accidentally forms a blood bond with a vampyre. Nyril struggles to unleash the power hidden within her, at the same time she must watch her back because her rivals want her dead. She doesn't want to be a leader, but her destiny will not be denied.

Completed?:

No

What inspired you to write your story?:

I came up with the idea about a year ago, but didn't start working on it til a few months ago. I'm sorry, sometimes the ideas pop into my head without inspiration.

Who is your favorite character, if you had to choose?: Hmm, probably Handred. The main male characters older brother. He's wise, patient, and kind.

Does music influence your writing?:

No, not at all.

Tell us about your main character:

Nyril grew up on Earth, but she's not human. She is trying to fit in on her home world. She struggles with the loss of her parents and is torn between love for her soulmate Krath and the pull she feels towards Archibald, a vampyre who has a bond with her. Also, she struggles to tap into a great power she supposedly has, but cannot access. She feels weak, and her life is in danger.

Is your story based on a true story?:

Nope

How long have you been writing?:

15 years

What made you start writing?:

My love for reading inspired me to make creations of my own, so things would go my way.

What is your favorite genre to read?:

Fantasy/Romance, of course!

Anything else you want to say?:

Writing is amazingly fulfilling. I love to create people and worlds. I love to imagine being a fly on the wall watching as a story unfolds before me. It's like a movie playing in my head, and we know all the details, secrets, and thoughts. I love the feeling of being transported to another place and time, without ever leaving my own home!