Interview with @sweet_bows

Here we have an interview with @sweet_bows!! If you're looking for a sweet, heart warming story with a bit of a twist, this is the one for you!:)

Name: sweet_bows

Book Title: The Boy With The Combat Boots

Genre: Romance/Teen Fiction

Summary:

 Jane had a perfect life and her passion for music and art became much stronger until the fatal day of the accident. The sudden catastrophe had caused Jane to block out her passion towards the arts. When her father gets a new job, she soon finds herself on a plane to America. She finds herself attending a private school...a military school named Brent Academy. When a boy with combat boots enters her life she instantly despises him. However, she soon starts to feel emotions and the butterflies become uncontrollable. But is there another reason for this? However, she swore to herself that she would never fall in love, but how can she help but fall. But with who?

Completed?

Nope. it's an ongoing series, but there will be an end.

What inspired you to write your story?

Well I've always wanted to write a romance novel, for teens, because i very much like reading books. Actually it's the only thing I ever do. This story came to me when my dad was talking about military schools, and then i watched a movie called "Cadet Kelly" which is focused on a military school and love and friendship. Then I made Jane have a past incident, involving a violin. I have been playing the violin since I was seven, so I wanted the story to be personal to me.

Who is your favorite character, if you had to choose?

This is hard. If I had to choose it would be Trent. Trent isn't introduced that much but he has that personality where he's a bit dirty minded and likes girls, a lot, but is still loyal to them. He's the funny guy who always teases Jane (the main girl). He's seen as the best guy friend and the one who is actually more smarter than you think, besides the rude jokes.

Does music influence your writing?

 Yes actually, there is parts in the story where Jane has flashbacks, including a violin. I wanted to include this particular instrument because the violin is my instrument. I've been playing it for years and it is still as beautiful as ever. If you also meant, musical artists, Ed Sheeran's songs are used in the book trailer and in some scenes. He has a way with words.

Tell us about your main character:

Jane Sanderson, she's the kind of girl who prefers a good book to a party. She's quiet but when she's around her friends she is very outspoken and can be strange at times. She has a habit of face-planting the floor, and she is very clumsy for such a small person. She's pretty but she is just so oblivious and would rather just play her violin. But after the incident, she has blocked out the arts of music and never wants anything to do with it.

Is your story based on a true story?

No, some parts in it may be influenced my real events but all in all the story is a fiction.

How long have you been writing?

I have been writing for a while. It started off with poems but then I started to look into stories. It's only been a couple of weeks ago that I decided to publish my story on Wattpad.

What made you start writing?

My love for english, and creative writing. I was influenced first by books, especially JK Rowling, because she is an amazing author and I wanted to be like her.

What is your favorite genre to read?

Teen Fiction/Romance. I actually love cliche books.

Anything else you want to say?

 I have a craze for peanut butter and Harry Potter. And my book may contain random and embarrassing scenes due to Jane's clumsiness.