Interview with @Legend_Of_Fantasy

Name: Legend_Of_Fantasy

Book Title: Ambrosia: Immortal Jewel

Genre: Fantasy/Romance/Teen Fiction

Summary:

April 16, 2258 Queen Reverence of Ambrosia disappeared in a radiant flash of light before she had a chance to end the Ambrosian War. Her soul reincarnated and was replaced with that of an average 16 year old living in the year of 2013. Now, the girl known as Reverie, suddenly gets a calling from the old queen and signs a contract to place her life on the Queen's hands. What is the deal?: End the Ambrosian War and bring peace back to the people. Only then will Reverie be able to keep her soul. However, with the tedious task of gaining spiritual powers and trying to earn the respect of her comrades, will Reverie be able to commit?

Completed?:

Nope! Not yet!

What inspired you to write your story?:

Well, I think the idea came when I was reading this manga called Ryo by Ueda Rinko, where a normal high school girl finds out that she was actually the reincarnation of a woman samurai warrior. Therefore, I built off of that idea and created pretty much created my own setting and storyline. As I typed up this story, I became more committed to it (usually I divert myself to other stories) and became connected with the main girl Reverie. Before I knew it I built off her character from myself! Her insecurities are my insecurities and her interests mine. I guess reason as to why I started writing this story is because I am an avid reader and just love the why a certain author's writing can captivate me. I love how they convey EMOTIONS and I wanted to do the same thing.

Who is your favorite character, if you had to choose?:

Besides the main character Reverie, I think it would have to be Dante, because he is so precise and just purely blunt. He is very quiet and emotionless, but will speak up once in a while to say something intelligent, or blunt. I love how he is not afraid to say what he believes is true and his mysteriousness. There is another side of him that is just waiting to be uncovered.

Does music influence your writing?:

Music certainly does influence my writing. I am a violinist so whenever I play I like to play something stirs my emotions and lets it come dancing out onto my fingers. On my second chapter of Ambrosia, I was listening to The Phantom of the Opera (one of my favorite classical soundtracks) and let the feeling of that music come out onto paper. Music and writing both create emotion and will make you want to cry, laugh for joy, and just be happy.

Tell us about your main character:

Reverie is 16 years old with heterochromatic eyes: one blue and one green and has these markings of the palms of her hands, which she has no idea about. She is a bit old fashioned, tending to stick with books rather than something like Facebook and is not afraid to defend herself. She also tends to not handle pressure very well because she is an active thinker and so she tends to think about the future instead of going with the flow.

Is your story based on a true story?:

Er, no. The real part of this story is Reverie, who is based off of me.

How long have you been writing?

Since I was really little, about 6 maybe. I loved writing short little sentences about my family and then drawing an illustration with it. In the 4th grade, our class had the opportunity to write a short story and have it published. That was one of the most happiest moments of my life! I was so ecstatic when I received my newly printed book and stroked the glossy cover.

What made you start writing?

I said this in the last question, but I guess what made me really start writing was when I had short story published in the 4th grade. I remembered flipping through my book every day and thinking about the other books I could possibly write. I am determined enough to become an author in the future, that's all I can say.

What is your favorite genre to read?:

I read almost everything, even horror (Stephen King books ^^).

Anything else you want to say?:

Please read my books and comment on whatever you think about it. I want to guys to feel emotion in my stories, so please tell me what you think! Er...What else...I love drawing and am an over achiever! WHOO!