Interview with @WishThatWasMe

Name: WishThatWasMe

Book Title: The Perfect One

Genre: Romance | Teen Fiction

Summary:

She's got money, looks, attention, popularity and something about a million other girls don't have - tickets to meet her favorite band 1D.

But the one thing - the most important one - she doesn't have. Love.

Kirsten's life might be considered normal for a 16 year old. And luckier than most others. But there is a secret that no one wants to talk about.

A past that haunts her with the pain. A best friend she fell in love with, who doesn't return the feelings. And a future that seems bleak.

Maybe somewhere along the way, she might find her Perfect One. Or not.

Completed?

No

What inspired you to write your story?

I was scrolling through my Facebook homepage when I read a quite. Something about Directioners not finding the perfect guy because they would always compare guys with One Direction. It was based on this quote that I started writing the book. Although, it's developed into something different as I continued to write.

Who is your favorite character, if you had to choose?

Tough one. But I think I'll go with the lead - Kirsten Callister. I guess it's because I've put a lot of my personality into her since she's the first character I formed. Apart from that, shes a girl that everyone likes. Quite the ideal role model. And I think I'd like to be her friend myself, if she wasn't fictional.

Does music influence your writing?

Sometimes, yes. There are a couple of upcoming parts in my books that are based on some of my favorite songs.

Tell us about your main character?

Kirsten is a little too perfect on paper. She's smart, pretty, loyal, popular, rich. And despite all that, she's far from a spoilt brat. She's got boys lining up to ask her for a date and if you didn't know how nice she was, you'd be extremely jealous of her.

She has her share of flaws, obviously. But the thing that most contributed in the person she is today, is an incident that occurred in her life from which she hasn't completely recovered.

And that's where you see her dark side. The side of her that is hurt and scarred. And while she has constant support from friends and family, it isn't enough to erase the memories. Of course, to an innocent outsider, without this information, she's the ideal girl with an attractive personality.

Is your story based on a true story?

Not this one.

How long have you been writing?

It's been a little more than a year since I first started.

What made you start writing?

I think it started with my love for books. Once you read hundreds of books, you kind of know the way to go about writing yourself. And then when I got an idea for a book for the first time, I couldn't wait until ai had written it down and posted it online for people to read.

What is your favorite genre to read?

I'm a big fan of Teen Fiction. But I love read Mysteries, Adventures and ChickLit just the same.

Anything else you want to say?

I believe writing is the best form of expression. There's no limit to how much your wide imagination can be written down as a novel for others to read. And you never know, you might actually change someone's life. Or at least their day and give them hope for the future.

Also, go read The Fault In Our Stars if you haven't yet :D