Interview with @Megnets

Here we have a book rooted in tragedy, but with a truly amazing story line by @Megnets! Check it out!!

Name: Megan (Megnets)

Book Title: Surviving school

Genre: Teen Fiction/ Romance

Summary:

After Maggie Jones’ School was involved in the shooting that shook the country. Her parents decide to pack up everything and move into the state of Wisconsin in hopes of helping Maggie recover. There Maggie will get the chance to start all over, but nobody knows that she came from the shooting and Maggie intends to keep it that way. That is until she meets the school’s so called player. That’s when Maggie realizes that keeping her secret will be harder then she thought.

Completed?

Nope not quite

What inspired you to write your story?

I had a dream about being in a school shooting and i started writing and coming up with ideas into making it a story. then not long after (Maybe a month or two) The Newtown shooting happened and i decided to fully put my heart into creating this story.

Who is your favorite character, if you had to choose?

I would have to say Lilly. She is spunky and a very upbeat and happy character. And i think, Without Maggie even realizing it, Lilly helps rub off some of her happiness onto her. Lilly can be serious when she needs to be and pretty much tells it to you straight which i like about her.

Does music influence your writing?

 Not really but i like searching for songs that match the story.

Tell us about your main character:

Maggie was always the sweet girl who was pretty popular. She had a great boyfriend and a wonderful life. But when the shooting happened and she lost the people closest to her she shut down. she became shy and timid, and she tends to be a bit moodier now. She tries to stay strong but a lot of the times it is too much for her to handle.

Is your story based on a true story?

No not really. I didn't base it off of any specific shootings and the characters and their stories are all fiction.

How long have you been writing?

 Oh gosh. A really long time. I can still remember when i was in first grade and i wrote a book (in my horrible handwriting) on a few pieces of paper and stapled it all together. My teacher then went and put my story in our classroom library haha. I've been writing and creating stories ever since i was little.

What made you start writing?

 I always loved to read books, and i'm very thankful i was read to as a child all the time. I think the love of reading rubbed off on me and i wanted to give it a go.

What is your favorite genre to read?

I love just about anything YA Ranging from Romance to Dystopian. It has to be fiction though as i don't really enjoy real stories. But i enjoy something that is different and i tend to lean towards paranormal and dystopian type books.

Anything else you want to say?

 Just that I'm really thankful for wattpad because it helps me get my stories out there and i love my fans so a shoutout to all of you who read Survivng school. :)