Interview with @Alicia16b

Name: Alicia16b

Book Title: A Nightmare's Fate

Genre: Drama/non-teen fiction/romance

Summary:

When Raven loses her fiancé, her world falls apart. Having lost the love and light in her life, she struggles to find a way out of the darkness. Her friends band together to try to get her back in the game, feeling again, and possibly loving again. However, Raven's attempts at blind dates fail and she's left alone for a time, until a stranger steps into her life and turns her sadness around. But everybody has their secrets, will her new beau's pull her even further into darkness?

Completed?

Not even. I have 163 Word Document pages (96 on here) and I'm not even halfway yet.

What inspired you to write your story?

My main inspiration was Just a Dream by Carrie Underwood - the song had a lot heart, but when I watched the music video, it blew me away, and I wanted to create something similar, but also different.

Who is your favorite character, if you had to choose?

My favorite would be Errik, the main male character.

Does music influence your writing?

Yes, it does a lot.

Tell us about your main character:

Raven, the main lead, she had just lost her fiancé to war and ever since his death, she can't move on. She's in depression, and badly within it, so bad, that she has actually cut herself to get the pain away. She is also an alcoholic. There are times when she has nightmares or dreams about her fiancé, and the reason for that, is so that it makes her sane, makes her calm down and feel happy, even the slightest over all of this drama. She's basically your typical person; someone who doesn't trust easily, doesn't believe you when you say something (only to this, it's during certain times), um... she's just a woman who thinks her life is a nightmare.

Is your story based on a true story?

Not exactly; some of it is true, because there are people who have lost a loved one in war, but I honestly think the rest is just fiction, unless it can or somehow has happened before.

How long have you been writing?

I've been writing now since I was twelve, for four years, I'm sixteen now. (:

What made you start writing?

To be honest, when I read Twilight. But as I had gotten older, I lost interest, and then The Hunger Games made me continue on my journey. But that was just the inspiration that made me begin; what really made me want to write was to give people inspiration. When I was younger, I was on a site called i-Dressup.com and I wrote on there, and a lot of people that was connected to me, read what I wrote and said that they were inspired by it, and they started writing, and that's what I want to do, that began my adventure in the writing world.

What is your favorite genre to read?

I love all kinds of genres. I just don't like fan-fiction of any kind. But I love Historical fiction, romance, adventure, drama, non-teen fiction, teen fiction (really depending, because most teen fiction is crap since it has romance in it, but if it's also categorized in action, I'm good with that), action, thriller, mystery, horror, comedy, fantasy, paranormal, sci-fi, and vampire/werewolf would have to be under horror and action - cannot be in romance because if it's romance, that's a huge turn-off.

Anything else you want to say?

If you read A Nightmare's Fate, I will be so honored. Even more appreciated if you vote and maybe leave a comment? And will fan if you do as well. :3 But you don't have to like it if you honestly don't. Thank you so much to everyone. :D