Interview with @DeeDeeElle

Name: DeeDee Elle

Book Title: Honour of the Heart

Genre: Historical romance

Summary:

When Lady Aline is taken captive she never expects to develop feelings for the knight who delivers her to the Duke of Roxholm. Hugh has always prided himself on his loyalty to the duke but how can he let the woman he loves become an unwilling bride and still remain honourable? Aline must survive in her enemy’s court, all the time resisting the temptation to give in to her desires.

Completed?

Yes, though I'm never happy so am editing and replacing chapters .

What inspired you to write your story?

I had a bet with a friend that we could write something like Mills&Boon.

Who is your favorite character, if you had to choose?  

I love my central pair but I think Jack because he has a sweetness about him.

Does music influence your writing? 

When I was writing some of Hugh's pov scenes I had Intervention by Arcade Fire in my head a lot.

Tell us about your main character:

Aline is in the unusual situation of being a female heir to the title of High Lord of the Five Provinces in medieval times.  She's being pressured to marry and knows she will have to do her duty to her people.  She is taken hostage on the orders of the Duke of Roxholm, ruler of one of the provinces.  On the journey to his citadel she falls for the knight who is taking her back to his master.  She's courageous has a deep sense of honour and is determined to do the right thing, even if it means denying herself the chance of true love.

Is your story based on a true story?

No.

How long have you been writing?

  It's been a couple of years since I finally put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard that should be).

What made you start writing? 

  My children started preschool and my husband started working away so I had a lot of free hours in the day. 

What is your favorite genre to read?

Historical.

Anything else you want to say? 

Please read my book!