Chapter-14A day to remember:The bet

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Min Ho 's POV

It was just a bet. She never ceases to amaze me.

I met her accidently in the morning and on finding out that she was a big fan who came all the way from home for my fan meeting which she missed, I decided to spend the day with her.

It was a spur of the moment thing.

We just happen to be at the same place at the same time. It would also make up for the aloofness I showed her yesterday at the airport.

But I am surprisingly enjoying the time in Amsterdam. She is a friendly, little naive and funny girl. I didnt even realised that we have already spend more then half of our transit time. Its a beautiful place and I had a good time during the canal cruise and even at the movie shooting. It was relaxing to face the camera without any pressure and just be myself. It reminded her of a movie. Really, she seem to watch too many of them.

And she is impulsive too, like the first time I saw her at the fire exit or even right now.

It was nothing serious. Although Jack can be really persuasive. I was politely refusing the drink knowing I wouldnt be able to handle much when out of nowhere she took it and finished it in one go.

I didnt know how to react whether to be angry or worry because the shot is strong and it seems to be the first time for her.

"Ava,are you crazy?"

I nearly shouted at her.

Jack and Mandy who were cheering her earlier became quiet on hearing me.

She look at me, her face flustered.

"Min Ho ssi,I am sorry. I didnt mean to..I just...."Her gaze avoiding mine now.

I just stare at her not knowing what to say to her.

"Are you ok, Ava? He seems to be worried, thats why."

Mandy asked her lightly.

As I am listening to them, I felt a light tap on my shoulder from behind.

I turned to find a girl smiling at me.

"Min Ho ssi. Is that you?!"

She came forward in front of me.

"Remember me? Its me,Yoon Joo Ae "her face beaming now from recognizing me.

Do I know her? Back home, I meet so many people everyday that its hard to remember everyone.

"I am chairman Kang's daughter. We met a party last summer,"she offered trying to help me remember.

"Umm..maybe we have met, it just that I dont remember right now"

I said politely not to disappoint her.

I could make out she was unhappy but she quickly got over it.

"Its fine, oppa. But I am so surprised to see you here in Amsterdam" she exclaimed.

"Yeah, I am supposed to go to New York. I am on an extended transit."

I replied smiling.

I turned to find everyone staring at her including Ava.

°°°°°°°°°

Ava's POV

The drink was really strong and bitter.The only alcohol I had before was the occassional beer with friends which I dislike.

MinHo ssi wasn't happy with me. He appeared crossed and I thought how stupid I can be at times.

Instead of helping out I made a fool out of myself.

I am avoiding his gaze and hoping his mood lighten.

Suddenly I find myself staring at a beautiful girl talking to him. She had a model thin shaped body with curves to die for. She was wearing a little black dress which was hugging her curves at all the right places and a killer heels to match.

Wow, she is definitely a looker. I thought watching her.

Jack seems to be agreeing with me, as he was also staring at her now. Mandy seems pretty miffed seeing him.

They were conversing in Korean and from little I could make out, they seem to be knowing each other.

Min Ho ssi suddenly turns to catch us staring at her.

"Meet my friends, I am spending my evening with them."

He gestured at us now speaking in English.

"Oh hello!So nice to meet you all. I am Yoon joo,"she said smiling.

Jack was the first one to greet her.

"Hi,I am Jack and she is Mandy, my fiancee"

He added looking at Mandy.

She was laughing, her laughter crystal clear as she shook his hand. Mandy just waved her hand.

"Ava Nomray, pleasure to meet you."

I said as I finally introduced myself.

She was looking at me intently.

"Have we met before? "she asked me.

"No, we haven't."

I replied smiling, a little uncomfortable under her questioning gaze.

"Ava's a friend of mine"

I heard him tell her, smiling at me as I look at him.

There this sudden feeling of happiness welling up inside me as I am grateful that he considered me a friend.

I couldn't help smiling back.

"Wow, its good to know you. Any friend of MinHo oppa is mine too," she replied giving him a dazzling smile.

"Speaking of which, can I borrow him for a while? I have few friends I want to introduce him to,"she looked at us.

"Oppa, please come."

She said and gently linked her arm into his and tugged him to come along.

"We will be right here."

Jack shouted at him as I saw them disappear in the crowds.

"Great! Now she took him away,"

Mandy said her face now irritated.

I didn't reply back.

I am busy in my thoughts. I was happy that he call me a friend and not just a fan. But there was this nagging feeling somewhere making me uncomfortable to see him walk away with her,her tugging him along. I am not even his girlfriend. Why am I even thinking this?!

Ava, stop thinking I told myself mentally pushing away the lingering conflicting thoughts.

Jack and Mandy were busy in their conversation. I noticed an unfinished cocktail.

"Jack, is that your cocktail?"

I asked him loudly interrupting their talk.

"Yes. An apple martini."

He glanced at me now.

"Is it good ?"

I asked eyeing the glass.

"You bet! "

He said laughing.

"Can I finish it?"

I asked him sheepishly.

He raised his eyebrows,"You sure?"

"I am pretty sure"

I replied and before any of them said anything I took the cocktail and drank it.

***********