Chapter-4 Reaching Singapore

Ava's POV

My flight reached Singapore at the scheduled time.

After getting my luggage and going through all the necessary procedures I made my way to the arrival where I could see people awaiting expected arrivals.

For one second I got worried thinking if Monnie will be there or not.

Thats when I spotted her.

A pretty young girl with a big grin on her face waving the name board at me.

She had recognised me. I felt so relieved and happy.

I hurriedly made my way to her and gave her a hug. It was good to finally meet her, after all those emails we shared.

As I step out in the afternoon sunlight,all the apprehension weared off and I was already loving the place.

°°°°°°°°°°°°

Monnie's POV

I was waiting patiently in the arrivals for her, with a hurriedly scribbled name board. Unnie (thats what I call her,it means big sister in Korean) was finally visiting.

I remember her telling me her wish to meet our favorite Korean actor Lee Min Ho someday and by chance he was coming to Singapore after his past visit again.

Thats when I had excitedly told her about it and things just started to work out and here I was waiting for her.

I had the chance to attend his last fan meeting and I still long to see him again.And I was happy to share that with Unnie. I think it means a lot to her from what I could make out. We had become close and we were also getting a chance to see each other.

Just then I saw her among the arrivals, I could make out her face and her long hair.

Although she was simply attired, there was something beautiful about her. Both of us have the similiar Asian features irrespective of the fact that she was from a place miles away from here in northeast India.

"Unnie, here I am", I shouted and waved my hands.

Her face lighted up on seeing me, she rushed and hugged me.

°°°°°°°°°°

Ava's POV

Monnie had brought her car and we loaded my luggage and headed for my hotel 91 in the city where I had already booked my room for the few days I will be staying here.

"Unnie , you should have stayed with me! "

Monnie spoke aloud while she wheezed past her car along the highway.

"Oh, no Monnie that will be too much.You already came to pick me up and you will be accompanying me tommorow too"

I replied thankful for her wonderful welcome.

She was really a sweet girl and we had already stuck a friendly rapport regardless the fact that I am way older than her.

"No, Unnie I would have really wanted you to stay with me, and please I havent done anything big! "

She replied her face pink with embarassement.

"But still thank you, kumawopta hoobae(thank you)"

I said squeezing her little hands.

We tried engaging ourselves in Korean conversations with little of what we have learned and I enjoyed doing so with her. We had a hearty laugh on this and I didnt realized that we reached my hotel as we were so busy chatting up especially regarding tommorow.

We were so excited and happy.

We entered the hotel lobby and I checked in and they handed me my room keys .

"Unnie , should I come up?", she asked

me as I finished signing the papers.

"Its ok, Monnie. I can find the room.You should be going now. Its getting late.Your folks will be worried. Anyway we have a big day tomorrow!"

I replied obviously excited.

"Yay, I know. Its hard to wait. I already found out he's arriving tommorow only.So I will pick you up tomorrow then?" she asked.

"Sure girl, thank you. Tommorow then",I replied hugging her.

After saying our goodbyes I made my way to my room.

It was really nice and it had a good view of the bustling city. It was especially looking good in the evening time with the city lights and mingling crowds.

Wow, I like this place. I thought looking out of the window.

The people here have been warm and welcoming especially Monnie.

I smiled inwardly, no wonder thousands visit this place every year.

There is so much to see and explore.That I decided to do after tommorow.

I better call up home I thought and I pick up my phone.

I had an international calling sim for my trip.

"Dad, its me Ava", I said happy to hear his voice.

We had a short chat and my mom reminded me not to do any funny things.I laughed and thought to myself how she can be really funny at times.

I am just going to a harmless fan meeting. I also had a small talk with Evelyn and I fill in the details to her till now.

She sounded obviously happy, the signs of blissfull post wedding days, I thought to myself happy for her.

I had a early dinner in my room only.

I was too exhausted to go down to the ristro.

Sleep came easily as I was tired from the long journey.

Tomorrow's going to be a big day. I had been preparing myself for long after I had decided to come here. I thought as I lay on the bed thinking about it.

Well my thoughts will be turning true but well, in a different way than I expected as I was soon to find out.

************

Author's note :

Monnie's character is based on a girl I know who in real is also a huge fan of Lee Min Ho. She writes a blog and she's a sweetheart. If you stumble on this,I just want to say that I love your blog ! :))