Chap-13 A day to remember:Bonding over football

Chapter-13: A day to remember- 3

°°°°°°°°°°°°

Ava's POV

We are sitting with Jack and Mandy in one of the popular nightclub in Amsterdam and I am re-accounting what happened earlier today.

After the shoot, Jack and Mandy caught up with us. Mandy was brimming over with excitement. We talked a bit and decided to visit Leidseplien, another famous square in Amsterdam. On reaching there, we entered one of the cafes for coffee. There were already a crowd collected there glued to the flat plasma tv's they had in the café. It seems there was a football match going on.

Mandy groaned, "Oh no! There goes my shopping!".

I saw Jack and Minho ssi already finding a comfortable spot and having a enthusiastic chat about the game.

Guys, I thought. They can get bonded over sports anywhere! Me and Mandy decided to get our coffees and sit, waiting for them to finish their match. The match seems to be in the second half and the whole room was filled with excitement and tension. Although my knowledge was limited, I found out it was a Primera Division League match between the two top clubs in Spain, Real Madrid and Barcelona.

I remember reading somewhere that MinHo ssi was a big fan of Cristiano Ronaldo who was now playing for Real Madrid. Ok, that explains his enthusiasm, I thought smiling to myself seeing him totally engrossed in the game. Jack on the other hand seems to be a Barcelona fan because he was cheering everytime when one of their guys took the pass from the other team. It looks like the match was nearing the end and the score was 1-1, a draw till now. Mandy suddenly nudged me. She looked like she was already bored and wanted it to end fast.

"So what's the deal with you guys?"

She asked, her inquisitive eyes looking at me.

"Huh?', I said diverting my attention from the game.

'Oh, I know whats up with you guys. Everyone can make out there is something between you two."

She replied already reaching a conclusion that we were together.

Great, I thought. Now I have to explain to her that it wasn't like what she had imagined.

I took a deep breath and told her, ''Look Mandy, we are definitely not together. You are mistaken. We just met on our flight together, got stranded and just spending the day together."

"Really?", she asked me not believing what I told her.

"But you look so good together, especially out there today..." she added smiling slowly.

"Thank you. I don't know what to say. That's sweet of you to think that way...but he is dating someone. I know her and both of them are really good together..."

I told her genuinely.

I didn't mention who he was dating or the fact that who he was...Since he hasn't mentioned to them yet about his identity, I wanted to respect his privacy.

One thing is for sure, She is one lucky girl I thought...not because I am his fan but during the little time I had spend with him, I came to realized he is a great guy.

As I am pondering over my thoughts, there was a sudden cheering from the crowd huddled near the T.V.

People all around were clapping and shouting, embracing each other. The match must be over. I saw Jack and Min Ho ssi emerged from the crowd with Jack beaming at us.

I saw Min Ho ssi and realized that his team must have lost the match for he was looking forlorn and dejected.

"Wow, what a match! It was so unexpected. At the last few minutes, Messi scored in the penalty kick. Mandy, you missed it.."

Jack cried overjoyed on the win.

"Min Ho ssi, you must be disappointed...", I said as he walked to us.

"It was that close. Hadn't it for the penalty kick, Ronaldo had already scored a beautiful goal," he said looking defeated.

"It's ok, Min Ho ssi..."

I said trying to make him feel better.

""Its fine. But I have to admit, it was a good match. Can't deny that," he admitted with a smile.

"You finally agreed to that, haven't you?"

Jack said as he came up and slapped him on the back in a friendly manner.

"Just this match,ok? Otherwise Real Madrid is the better team because Cristiano Ronaldo is still the best striker"

Min Ho ssi added good naturedly defending his favorite player.

"Yeah! Whatever, but you have to treat us and don't forget the bet," Jack reminded him.

"What bet?"

I asked not knowing what he was talking about.

All of us are now sitting together in a bar pub. And I just came to know what the bet was all about.

Apparently Min Ho ssi has to treat us and that included drinks because the team he cheered had lost. We already had dinner in one of the restaurants in Leidseplien. Night life was supposed to be an attraction in Amsterdam and Leidseplien was a place to be, especially for clubbing.

The guys seem to have gone over the differences they had over the match's result as they were now laughing and enjoying each other's company. They had already finished three rounds of drinks and it was still not over yet.

"You have to still finish this last round. You promise dude," Jack was telling him.

"I think I have to skip this one,"Min Ho ssi said laughing.

Jack was adamant.

"Come on, it was part of the bet."

I was worried, I knew that he couldn't handle more than three drinks. He had mentioned it in one of his interviews.

I was listening to them already finishing my mocktail.

"Mandy,please ask Jack to let it go now. They aleady had three rounds," I asked exparasted.

Instead Mandy was laughing and insisting as well.

"It just one more drink. Jack is very persistent. Plus you have already paid for the drinks.."

I quickly intervene.

"Jack, it is just finishing this one drink right and then the bet is over?"I asked.

"Ok, then," I replied.

Min Ho ssi was giving me a "are you crazy?" look.

I got up and chucked the whole shot of vodka in one go.

********************************************

Author's note :

For this particular chapter I had to research a bit. My knowledge about football is almost nil! I had to pester my cousin bro to tell me few details! So please overlook if the details aren't up to the mark :) In the end it's still a fan fiction...I want the story to be lighthearted. Hope I am able to do that till now. Please drop in your comments! :))