Chapter-24 Day after: Mixed feelings

Ava's POV continued

He was standing in front of my door looking breathtakingly handsome in a fitted casual white T shirt which was showing his lean body with matching black pants and converse shoes. I realized I was still wearing the oversized Tee and sleeping shorts that I slept in last night. I had jumped out of the bed and didn't even checked in the mirror how I looked. I was horrified as I tried to straighten out my dishevealed hair with my hands hoping I didn't look like a zombie.

He was giving me a knowing grin and I felt like hiding under the bed but it was too late, the damage already done.

"So did you have a good night sleep?" he asked me smiling now.

"Ah...yeah I did. Slept like a baby"

I replied lying. I was not going to tell that I had a hard time falling asleep thinking about him.

"Good, to know that" he finally said after a pause like he was thinking of something.

"Actually...Sorry I came unannounced. But Jack called me up early morning.Both of them want to meet us for lunch it seems. And I sort of agreed. But I didnt asked you first. Hope its fine with you. If you have other plans then I can tell him now"

I heard him asking me and I unconciously noticed the part when he said 'us'.

"Ava " he asked me again not hearing me reply back.

Crap, I had zoned out for a while.

"Sure, that sounds fun. I will love to have lunch with them. I dont have plans"

I replied casually with a smile.

"Cool" he said meeting my gaze. Realising that I need to get ready in record time as I just had got out of bed.

"Can you give me 15 minutes? Hope you wouldnt mind waiting for me"

I asked him biting my lips.

"Sure, take your time. I will be down in the hotel lobby then"

He replied gesturing with his hand.

"Thank you. I will be down in a jiffy."

I told him smiling as I saw him walking away.

I quickly closed the door and ran to see myself in the full length mirror inside the room. I nearly screamed seeing my state. My hair was all messed up, my clothes crinkled and did I just see a drool on my face?!"

I banged my head on the door in frustation. Why did he had to see me in such a sorry state?! I didnt have time to even let out my frustation as I rushed to the washroom to freshen up.

As I ran the shower and lather my head with the shampoo ,I was reflecting on our conversations before. We didnt speak to each other about what happened last night. I was sort of relieved that none of us brought up the topic but does that meant anything? He is not angry with me? Does he still think I am a crazy girl because of yesterday night? And why were you acting like a giddy school girl just now?! If you continue doing that he will surely think the obvious. You might make him feel akward. No, I wouldnt make him feel uncomfortable. I placed my hand on my chest feeling my heartbeat as I told myself.

I stepped out of the shower wrapping myself in the big towels as I hurriedly dried my hair. I didnt have time to use the hair dryer. I have to let it dry naturally.

I flipped open my luggage as I quickly rummaged through my clothes. What I am going to wear? Should I wear my jeans? My eyes fell on the dress Evelyn had insisted on packing for me. I may have worn it once only. Should I wear this one? I am meeting Jack and Mandy for lunch and this will be perfect for it and the weather was going to be sunny today.