Chapter-2 My best friend's wedding

ONE WEEK before

Ava's POV

I carefully smoothed the seam of my yellow satin dress and pinned up my long hair with the flower pin as I checked my reflection in the full length mirror.

My best friend Evelyn was finally tying the knot and she herself had chosen our bridesmaid dresses.

"Oh ! Ava, you are looking so good!"exclaimed Evelyn.

She was more excited to see us all dressed up.

"And you my dear, is the most beautiful bride that I have yet seen."

I smiled and twirl her around.

She looked truly lovely today, more than any other day. Of course, its her big day. I smiled at the thought. Wow, it just seem yesterday when we used to play the wedding game as kids with all of us dressed up. We used to laugh at the thought of getting married. It seem like a distant thing at that time. When did we grow up? And now here she was standing in front of me with her face lighted up with a gorgeous smile and her wedding dress fitted to her in detail. Although dusky, Evelyn is tall and a classic beauty and I on the other hand, am curvy and fair. I didnt let her see the tears that suddenly welled up in my eyes. It was a happy day and a moment to rejoice for her. But I couldnt help getting a bit emotional seeing her in the wedding dress.

We were gathered around her in the dressing room before she step out.

"We need to have a chat after this.

I was so caught up in my preparations that I didnt think you were really serious when I told you to go to his fan meeting!"

She whispered to me holding my hand, looking really worried.

It was infact Evelyn who had joked to me one day telling me to just go and see him once.

She knew I was a big fan of him and how watching his dramas had helped me and kept me happy during those blue days. It was with her that I watched all the dramas late at night keeping her awake until I finish the dvds and she only knew how seriously I was crazy about him. Evelyn teases me endlessly for being a fan of a younger actor.

"Seriously ,cant you like someone of your age?" sighed Evelyn clearly defeated.

It actually began after I watched him in "boys over flowers."

The korean wave had reached our place and I was not a fan until I watched him in it.

I didnt look back after then.

I have watched anything that I could get hold of him, was a member of his fan club and I religiously followed his facebook and twitter updates .

Stashing up korean dramas especially his was my full time hobby.

"Cant you talk some sense into her?"

I heard a voice telling me from behind.

I sighed and turned smiling at my mom.My mother nearly threw a fit on hearing my plans.

It was only my dad who had convinced by telling her that I was anyway planning to visit my uncle in the States and I could attend the fan meeting enroute.

It was hard making her agree to it. Maybe she had one or two valid points. But all of them knew that once I make up my mind, it was hard to dispersuade me. Finally she relented but it was evident that she hadnt warmed up to the idea of her daughter attending a fan meeting in a foreign country alone.

She 's still a very conventional and strict mother like all are. What will she tell her relatives and the neighbours?

"She's not a kid anymore dear,she has worked hard for the past few years ,saved up and she's paying herself for the whole trip.You should be proud of her and cheered up. She may finally apply for the university program which her uncle suggested,"

added my dad who thankfully had come to my rescue from my mother's endless talks. But today was not the place or time to have a discussion on it.

"Come on, guys its Evelyn big day. Can we have this chat later like at HOME?"

I spoke getting the cue from dad who intervened at the right moment.

"Oh dear. I am so sorry girl. You know I get carried away sometime ."

She finally said realising that we indeed should save this talk for later.

"Isnt she looking lovely dear? Finally someone has the sense and is settling down."

My mother looked at me. She was clearly in the mood to mention and remind my still single status fact.

I hopelessly shaked my head and muttered to myself. This is so not going to end any sooner and I dreaded the pep talk we will be having later at home today.

Somebody hurriedly announced the cue for the bride's entry and everyone excitedly scrambled around. I snapped out of my thoughts.

I hugged Evelyn and exclaimed to her,"This is your big day girl. John 's going to be a lucky man!"

As I stood watching both of them exchanging their vows , I was filled with happiness for them.

Both of them deserved each other and they were looking so good together.

The thoughts came back. I was filled with excitement and also scared at the same time thinking about the trip.

I had planned it after hearing that Lee Min Ho was visiting Singapore as part of his Asian tour and was having a fan meeting. Although I gave it a lot of thought thinking about the pros and cons. I mean I was going to travel alone all the way. But in the end I had firmly resolved that attending the fan meeting meant a lot to me. I was at crossroads of sorts in my life and there were lots of choices for me . Whether I settled down like a good daughter as my mom keep saying because everyone of my age are doing the same according to her.

Or, I pick up the pieces of my once existing career for which I am finally determined.

There were lots of things in my mind but before that...

Was that a explanation enough for this craziness, I dont know.

I crossed my fingers and said a silent prayer, to atleast see him once.

Thats the only thing in my mind now....