Chapter-25 Day after: Friends-1

Ava's POV

We are out on the main street now. He was waiting for me in the hotel lobby like a true gentleman.The street is already bustling with people.

"Where would we be meeting them Min Ho ssi?"

I asked him as we walked across the street along with other pedestrians on the sidewalk. We had hardly spoken to each other since we met at the hotel lobby. He seem preoccupied and I remember the surprise look he had which gave away to a wide smile when he saw me rushing toward him in a haste in the lobby. I was hoping I looked better and definitely not like what he caught me looking early this morning.

"Jack messaged me the name of the restaurant in Leidseplein. They will be waiting for us there" he replied looking at me.

"Hope we are not running late"

I told him as I checked my watch.

"It will take at least 20 minutes if we walk to the place unless....just at the right time ! "

He said suddenly as he stop and looked in the opposite direction.

I turned to see a approaching tram at a distance. We were standing at a tram stop now and the street had designated lanes for tram lines .

"We will travel by tram?! But we don't have tickets."

I replied excitedly but unsure since we didnt have the tickets.

"I guess I will finally use this. I can use it for both of us."

He told me with a grin as he fished out a ticket from his pocket.

The tram finally reached the tram stop and I saw the front door next to the driver opened.

"Hurry ! We need to get in soon"

I heard him telling me. I quickly boarded the tram with him following behind me. The conductor stamped the ticket for both of us returning it to him. I scanned the interior looking for empty seats and the only empty ones were far behind.

"I think we have to head back to the end "

I told him as I started walking towards the seats.

The tram suddenly started with a jerk. I was not holding on to anything and the sudden movement made me loose my balance. I felt my body fall backward but my fall was broken by him as I landed straight into him, my back colliding onto his chest.

"Whoa! You ok ? "

He asked me taken aback by surprise and holding me now his hands on my waist.

"I am fine Min Ho ssi, thank you. I am so clumsy."

I replied as I quickly straighten myself and stood up. I didnt turned back to face him because then he would have seen the faint blush creeping up my face.

I slowly walked toward the empty seats. This time holding on to the seats as I passed each.

I settled down on the empty seat at the back next to the window. He quickly followed suit as he came and sat next to me. I tugged in the hairs behind my ears and stared out of the window trying hard to concentrate on the sights passing by and not on the lingering feelings of leaning onto his chest and how good his hands felt on my waist. The tram was moving at a steady pace now as it passed through the city.

"I really wanted to travel by a tram in Amsterdam. I am getting the chance now. Thank you."

I told him after a while starting the conversation.

"I had bought a strippenkart(day ticket) yesterday. Its good we are not missing out on the experience of travelling in a tram."

He replied looking at me with a smile. Both of us are looking out of the window now enjoying the view as we passed by famous landmark buildings and beautiful houses lining the streets.