Chapter-23 Day after: A surprise

Ava 's POV continued

I had kept my handphone on the bedside table before I slept. It sprang to life waking me up with the sound of it vibrating on the table. I must have been in deep sleep because when I woke up I was disoriented not finding myself in my own bedroom at home. It took me a while for me to realize that I was in a hotel bed. My phone was still vibrating so I reached out my hand trying to find it on the table. Finally finding it, I squinted my eyes adjusting my sleepy eyes to the bright light of the LCD of the phone as it flashed Evelyn's name on the caller ID.

"Hello. Evelyn, is that you?," my voice croaked as I placed the phone in my ear.

"Hey girl, this is the third time I tried calling you. You didn't picked up. Don't tell me you are still sleeping?!"

She told me hearing my sleepy voice. I was still lying in the bed not even making an effort to sit up.

"Yeah, I guess I am. I didn't realized that you were calling me. Sorry dear" I replied sheepishly.

"You know what time is it now? Its already afternoon here. Are you planning to spend the rest of your transit time in Amsterdam sleeping?."

She was questioning me not believing that I was still asleep. I checked the time on my phone. It was already 10:30 am. I had pulled shut all the curtains but you could see the late morning sunlight streaming in through the gaps.

"Hmm...I think thats the plan. I need to catch up on much needed sleep. There's nothing much to do anyway."

I replied stifling a yawn and smiling to myself thinking how exactly she seem to know what I was going to do.

"Cant believe you are going to spend your day mopping in the bed when you can go out in the sun and enjoy your day in Amsterdam. Speaking of which whats with the message you sent me yesterday about spending the day with Lee Min Ho.You know April fool was few weeks back?."

I groaned remembering the message I had send her while waiting for Min Ho ssi to come back finishing those cocktails.

"You dont believe me, don't you?" I asked her defeated.

"Yeah sure I do. And I am married to Christian Bale."

I could hear her cracking up on the other end of the phone, her laughter clearly audible. Evelyn has this thing for Christian Bale like I had for Min Ho ssi.

"Ha...ha..very funny girl" I replied dryly.It was going to take a lot of explanations to make her believe what I was telling her.

I think she will flip if I told her that I really did spend the day with him or I ended up hugging him after he sang for me. Oh God! It was not a dream, right? I thought as yesterday night's events started flashing back in my mind.

"Evelyn, I really need to talk to you about something and I am serious."

I told her as I needed a heart to heart chat with her to sort out the things in my mind and possibly some advice too. She was my agony aunt and she was more like a sister than my best friend.

"Is everything fine Ava? Sorry, I laughed but then you are impossible. You dont crack jokes like that. Ok, I am all ears now. What do you want to tell me? "She asked me finally getting serious.

"Actually its about..."

I had to stop midsentence as I heard the loud ring of the doorbell.

Great, I thought. I was already having a difficult time telling her about my unexplained new feelings and someone is interrupting it.

"Evelyn, I need to get the door. I think its the housekeeping staff. I am going to shoo them away. I am going to stay in the hotel room whole day anyway before leaving for the airport. Just hold on."

I told her as I finally got out of the bed and skidded to the door barefoot.

"Please wait for a second"

I shouted back as I bent my head placing the phone in the nook of my neck to open the door. I swung open the door expecting to see one of the hotel's housekeeping staff.

Someone was standing in front of my door with his back turn. As he turned to face me on hearing my door opened, I saw a familiar warm smile light up his handsome face and my heart did a strange flip flop.

"Hi, good morning" he told me slightly waving his hand at me.

I stood there staring at him not believing my own eyes. I was not expecting to see him again but there was this tiny weeny part of me that was wishing badly just the opposite.

"Hello...Min Ho ssi" I mumbled as I finally wished him back.

"I am not disturbing you, am I?" he said gesturing at the phone in my hand now.

"Uh...?"I replied absentmindedly realising that I had kept Evelyn's call on hold and completely forgotten about her. She must be wondering what happened to me. I quickly placed the phone in my ear.

"Evelyn. Sorry, for keeping you waiting. But something came up. Can I call you later" I told her in a low voice.

"What happened? I thought you wanted to tell me something. Fine, but don't forget to call me back later. And please get out of the room. You need some fresh air to clear your head" she scolded me jokingly.

"Thank you girl. Will call you back soon.Love you, bye"

I told her smiling as I hung up the phone to find him looking at me curiously.

"My best friend Evelyn" I told him with a smile.

*********************

Author's note:

Next chapter coming up. Since I am using a phone to upload its difficult to make it longer! But I am uploading tonight.

Thank you everyone for reading :))

Love to hear your views!

P.s next chapter@Lovexelif His POV is coming up!! ;)