Chapter-37 THANK YOU-2

Ava's POV continued

We had reclined our seats so that it also served as a temporary bed. The journey was more than halfway through.The trip to New York taking around 8 hours only. Tired from a long day both of us were now resting. I tried closing my eyes but I could not fall asleep. I opened my eyes after a while slowly turning my head towards him. I sighed relieved to find him already asleep.

The cabin lights were dimmed and most of the passengers were also sleeping. I couldn't help myself from looking at him now. I smiled remembering fondly how it felt just like yesterday when I tried to steal shy glances at him when he slept on the flight from Singapore.

And now he is sleeping next to me like a baby, his handsome face peaceful and calm. He was clutching a pillow in between his arms. Was he feeling cold? I thought watching him. They had lowered the temperature inside the cabin and the blue shirt he was wearing seemed light. I pressed the overhead button requesting for the assistance of the flight attendant. I saw one of the flight stewardess coming towards our seats.

"Can you please get us some blankets?"

I asked her lowering my voice so as not to disturb him.

"Sure, miss. I will just get them right away."

She replied smiling as she hurried away. She came back with the requested blankets as I thanked her in return. I placed the blanket over him gently tucking it in.

"Much better."

I thought smiling to myself. I rested my head on my seat watching him. I didn't want to fall asleep yet. I wanted to stay awake watching him like this. These are my moments that I wanted to hold on and I think nobody can take them away from me. These moments are mine to keep and the ones that I will take along with me wherever I go.

And right there somewhere in the clouds...high above the sky....lying next to him and watching him sleep I made another wish.

I wish all the happiness in the world for you. Thank you for giving me those wonderful memories that I got to spend with you. May this beautiful smile never leave your face......

°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Min Ho 's POV

I woke up with a start. I must have fallen asleep for a while. Checking my watch, I realised that only few hours were left before we reach New York. I turned my head towards her and saw that she was sleeping. Her eyes were closed now. Finding a blanket covering me I wondered if she had placed it on me. I took the pillow I was holding and carefully lifted her head placing it underneath to make her sleep more comfortably.

She looked more beautiful while sleeping, I thought watching her closely now. If only things were different....if only I could tell you how I feel......if only I could make things right between us....

But there are things in my life that I need to sort out. The only thing I could say to you right now is....I am sorry...sorry for hurting you. I silently thought watching her sleep.

Suddenly I find her stirring in her sleep. A name escaping from her lips.

"Min Ho ssi...."

My heart lurched hearing her take my name.

°°°°°°°°°°

Ava's POV

When the plane touched down on the runway I felt like my heart had sank more deeper. The feeling got stronger....my heart feeling heavier as we slowly made our way through the immigration check and baggage claim at the arrival terminal of New York JFK airport.

The distance I travelled from the plane till the terminal must have been the most difficult walk I had ever taken in my life.

Each step..each passing moment was taking me away from him. I had mentally prepared myself for it but it was turning out to be harder than I thought.

We finally reached the place where I realised that it was time for us to part and go into our separate directions. I stop walking at the point as I saw him turn towards me. I couldn't bring myself to look at him in the eyes now.

" Min Ho ssi, I think I need to head towards the other direction. My uncle must be waiting for me."

I told him steadying my voice. He held out his hand and I gingerly took it shaking in return. No words from him as he stood there holding my hand.

Suddenly from the corner of my eyes I saw someone searching for him. Because there were so many people coming out through the arrival terminal she hasn't seen us standing together.

But I had seen her and it was the cue telling me that it was finally the time to let him go. I slowly released the hold of his hand, gently slipping away mine. I was ready as I took a deep breath and met his gaze.

"Min Ho ssi. She is waiting for you."

I saw him tear away the gaze from me and glancing at her direction.

"Goodbye Min Ho ssi. Please take care of yourself."

I finally told him smiling.

"Goodbye Ava."

He replied after a pause as he slowly turned and started walking away from me.

From then on, things became blurry. It was just the sight of him disappearing at the distance. There was something else I wanted to tell him. Something I had realised long time before but never got the chance to let him know. Standing there in the middle of the crowd....watching him walk away from me I finally was able to speak those words that meant the world to me.

"Min Ho ssi...Saranghaeyo...I love you."

My voice barely a whisper in the cacophony of sounds surrounding me.

I steadily made my way through the crowd of people. Standing there outside the airport...watching the people pass by me...I finally broke down.

"Its ok, Ava. You can cry now..."

I told myself. I started sobbing as the New York morning welcomed me.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Min Ho 's POV

She was waiting for me. I saw her smiling and waving her hands at me. Although my heart seems to be telling me something else, I slowly made my way to the girl waiting for me.

Then suddenly I halt my steps because I felt someone had called out my name. I quickly turned and frantically search among the hundred faces for that familiar face.

But she was gone... One fine day she walked into my life and now she was gone....

************************************************

Next chapters uploading tonight:

*AUTHOR's NOTE.

*EPILOGUE.