Chapter-26 Day after:Friends-2

Ava 's POV

"Mandy, I cant help noticing but I have a feeling there is something up with you two! You are looking so happy today."

I finally told her what I had in mind. Mandy looked surprised which gave away to a big smile on her face.

"Oh Ava ! How did you know? I was going to tell you but you caught me before that!"

She exclaimed her face filled with excitement. Jack was grinning at us holding her hands now.

She suddenly lifted her hands for me to see as she gave me a dazzling smile. Thats when I noticed, a beautiful diamond solitaire ring on her ring finger.

"Mandy ! Is that what I am thinking it is?!"

I gasped.

"Yes ,you are right girl. Jack officially popped the question this morning!"

She replied gleefully.

"Mandy ,I am so happy for you!"

I exclaimed as I got up and went to hug her and congratulate both of them.

I could see Min Ho ssi also shaking Mandy's hand and hugging Jack as he too seemed happy and excited as much as I was for them. We had just met one day back but it felt like we have been friends forever.

The feeling is mutual as Jack spoked to us

"The reason we asked both of you to meet us today was because Mandy and both of us wanted to share this happy news with you and celebrate it together. We had such a good time together yesterday. I finally popped the question this morning. I have been carrying the ring with me all this time."

" He took me by surprise. We have been together for a while but I never thought he will ask me this soon. It might sound cliche but we are planning a summer wedding in Paris. Our folks are meeting us there and we are leaving by Eurorail today."

Mandy told us teary eyed clearly emotional now. I squeezed Mandy's hand as I nodded my head listening to her.

"I love you Mandy ."

Jack told her gazing at her fondly.

"I love you too"

Mandy whispered back to Jack as she kissed him lightly.

I was so happy to see both of them looking at each other adoringly. Although their personalities were total opposite, Jack being the carefree laidback guy and Mandy the practical and sensible girl but a total romantic at heart. But when they are together they complimented each other,I thought smiling to myself. It was ironic how four of us met each other yesterday and right now we are able to share their happiness.

MinHo ssi seem to sense my thoughts as he gave me a knowing smile.

"I think this calls for a toast!"

I said suddenly gaining everyone's attention. All of them are looking at me now.

"To my dearest friends Jack and Mandy. Thank you for sharing this beautiful moment with us. Both of you have been wonderful friends and we are happy and lucky to have met you. Although we just met yesterday or the fact that we may not be able to meet each other again...we wish you the very best in life. May the love you have for each other grow stronger and beautiful with each passing day because you are perfect for each other."

I concluded as I raised my glass to both of them.

"To Jack and Mandy. Congratulations again. You totally deserve each other and we are happy that you will be together now."