Chapter-36 THANK YOU-1

Ava's POV

On reaching the airport, I find it in utter chaos as they tried their best to clear the backlog of stranded passengers at the earliest. The European airspace was opened now and all the flights were rescheduled accordingly. People were rejoicing because they could return home to their loved ones and for some like me, they were going to finally reach their destinations. I struggled through the crowd of people waiting in the long queques. Eventually my turn came and I checked in at the counter of my designated flight. Since I had got stranded at a transit stop I would be continuing with the same rescheduled flight. I had placed a call to home after going through the security check in and the necessary customs procedures. Dad was relieved because I was finally going to reach New York without any hitsch.

Sitting down on the seat I had specifically requested for, I looked out of the window of the plane. It was dark outside saved for the brightly lit lights inside the airport.

People had started boarding and were streaming in continuously. Suddenly I saw a familiar face at a distance heading towards the direction of my seat. Not knowing what to do I ducked my head bending it low enough so that he didn't see me.

"Anything wrong dear?" asked the lady sitting beside me. An elegant poised lady with blonde cropped hair was looking at me curiously.

"Oh, I am sorry. Its nothing. Actually I was searching for something."

I replied as I tried to grope around on the floor in vain looking for a nonexistant object. He had already passed by our seats and thankfully he hadn't noticed me. I quickly straightened myself and rummaged through my handbag.

"Found it. It was in my bag. I am so absentminded."

I said a little embarassed by my behaviour. She smiled back at me as she went back to reading her book.

Boarding was completed and after waiting for few more minutes the plane started taxing on the runway. As the flight finally took off I could see us leaving the Schipol airport behind. I sighed giving my last looks to the beautiful city of Amsterdam. A city that will always remain close to my heart for it had given me those precious memories that I will cherish forever.

They served us the evening meals but my appetite was already lost. The lady sitting next to me was really kind and she kept asking me if I was fine seeing my downcast face and because I had hardly eaten anything. I gave the excuse of not being well thankful for her concern.

The flight stewardess had cleared our tables and I was flipping through the pages of the inflight magazine lost in my thoughts again when I heard a familiar voice asking the lady beside me politely.

"Good evening madam. I am sorry to disturb you but I was wondering if you will be kind enough to exchange your seat with mine? I would like to sit with my friend but only if you wouldn't mind."

Min Ho ssi was standing next to our seats. I stared at him open mouthed surprised because I thought he had not seen me. Obviously he knows that you are in the same flight. How can you be so stupid? I mentally slapped myself for being dumb.

"Why of course, young man. Its perfectly fine with me."

The lady was telling him as she got up from the seat.

"The seats are in the front. I have booked both the seats so you wouldn't be uncomfortable. Thank you so much."

He replied in a gracious tone. The kind lady spoke to me before leaving.

"I hope you will feel better now, dear."

She gave me a knowing smile.

Min Ho ssi slipped into the seat beside me. I was perplexed thinking what I will speak to him.