Chapter 2

I don't know why I ran after her. When I had heard a noise, the boys and I had turned around to see a young girl whisper something to herself before reaching down to grab her belongings. I had run over without thinking; I guess that she had looked cute from what I could see, though when she had looked up at me, my heart had instantly begun to beat faster. Not that she would have noticed - thank God. What was that? I seriously didn't have a clue. She was just so beautiful. Her wide, sea blue eyes and shiny brown hair with a slight natural curl had killed me on the spot. She was shy and a peach pink colour had risen in her cheeks when she was talking to me; she was blushing, which I liked. When she had whispered: 'I've 'gotta go' and had shuffled away, I had looked over at Lou. He'd frowned at me as if to say: 'What?'. In response, I'd given him a look, fluffed my hair (which he'd rolled his eyes at) and had ran over to her. And now, I was standing in front of this beautiful girl. I hadn't really thought about what I was going to say - whatever came out, I guess. 

She looked shocked, as though she couldn't believe it was me. I thought I saw a hint of glee in her amazing, huge eyes. I stood there for a minute, no speech flowing from my lips until she held her hand out for me to shake.

"I'm Carly," she raised her eyebrows and smiled, causing a smile to form on my face, too. I took hold of her innocent, petite hand, being careful not to hurt her whilst also sending her one of my smiles that was known to be ‘dazzling’, apparently.

“Harry,” I replied. She laughed and looked down, fiddling with the hemline on her cardigan. 

“I’m not insane - I know who you are,” she whispered, and then smiled sarcastically in my direction after meeting my gaze. I raised my eyebrows; I genuinely hadn't thought that she had known me. Every other time I’d met a girl, they had always screamed in my face because they'd fancied me, well, that was Zayn’s theory anyway. Though there was something different about Carly; she was just acting so...normal.

“You do?” I asked. “You’re a fan?”

She immediately laughed: an innocent, quiet sound, which I honestly found adorable. 

“Yeah, and a pretty mad one,” she replied. I could tell by the look on her face that I must have seemed surprised.

“I never would have guessed,” I honestly said. After looking down at her hands, I found her gripping a Nikon camera. She noticed me looking and instantly hid it behind her back.

“Do you want a picture?” I questioned. Her eyes widened and her mouth formed a perfect ‘o’ shape. Though once I looked at her mouth, I found that I couldn’t look away. It was perfectly sized, both her top and bottom lip full, in a good way.

“Are you sure?” she whispered, causing me to blink and focus on her eyes. What was happening to me? I needed the lads - right now.

“Yes, of course! Hey, Lou!” I motioned to him and he smiled with excitement, heading over to us. Liam caught my eye and he gestured for the others to come over too. I looked down at Carly, who seemed utterly speechless. I actually wanted to laugh, which I couldn’t believe, since I’d only known her for a matter of minutes.

“This is Carly, she’s a fan of ours,” I said, smiling to Louis in particular. I don’t know what it is, Lou and I are just like brothers – simple as that. He seemed to understand something from the look that I had given him, most probably that I liked her. Wait, what? Was I seriously crushing on a girl who I had only just met?

“Hey, Carly!” Louis smiled, pulling her in for a hug. The other boys came around and introduced themselves too, whilst Carly stared at them in complete shock. I felt a stab of jealously when each of them hugged her, as though I wanted to pull her close too. We all talked for a few minutes and Carly told us a bit about herself: how she had just spent the summer with her dad in New York working on her photography, which explained why she had a professional camera. My guess was that she was very good at it. After a few minutes silence elapsed between the group and Carly didn’t look like she knew what to say. I ran over to our helicopter where our manager Paul was standing. Bringing him back over to our huddle, Liam introduced him to Carly, who was in hysterics laughing with Louis. She smiled brightly when Paul greeted her.

“Can you get a photo of us all for Carly, Paul?” I asked, grinning.

“Of course!” he replied. Whilst Carly walked over to him and showed him the basics of her complicated camera I saw Niall come up by my side.

“What’s going on, man?” he whispered.

“Nothing,” I replied. “I just really like her.”

I looked down and kicked a stone with my converse.

“This happens every other day, Harry!” Zayn whispered. “When are you finally just going to go after one girl?” 

“I don’t know,” I shrugged. “Carly seems different.”

All of the lads exchanged glances, raising their eyebrows.

“I’ve never heard that before!” Louis said with amusement. “It seems like Carly has made quite the impression on our Harold, here!”

“Shut up, dude,” I hissed, shoving his shoulder.

“Is Harry blushing?” Liam asked, clearly making fun of me.

“Very funny,” I commented, and then silenced them as Carly came back over. She looked up at me through her long eyelashes and smiled slightly. We all stood around her for a photograph, and it annoyed me that it was Niall and Louis who were next to her. They were all messing with me, which was pretty obvious. Even Carly could probably tell. Paul snapped a few pictures, and as my eyes travelled to Carly, I found her looking at me. I smiled at her and she blushed. The expression on her face told me that she wanted to ask something, though was too afraid to. I casually walked over to her.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah,” she replied. “Erm, this is awkward, but could I get a photo with just you please, Harry?” she asked. I laughed when I saw her expression; she looked terrified.

“Of course," I smiled.

“I’ll take it, my man!” Lou said, which caused a smile to appear on my face. Carly thanked him and handed him her camera. I secretly hoped I looked okay. I hoped that I looked normal and calm, not over-excited and full of joy like I really was inside. Louis was known for taking good pictures though, so hopefully she would be pleased. He snapped a few photographs before viewing them. He smiled to himself and Carly began to laugh after he handed it back to her. I began laughing too when she showed me a photo of us pulling dodgy faces; it actually was hysterical. For some reason, I just felt like I had known her much longer than five minutes. I could easily be myself around her. She clicked onto the next photo where I had my arm around her waist and we were both smiling. It was a great picture. Of her. She didn’t say anything, and neither did I. What was I meant to say? Luckily, we were saved by her phone blasting out the start of our current single: ‘What Makes You Beautiful’. She jumped and fiddled around in her bag until she fetched it out, whilst Liam and Louis danced along. Oh, God.

“Hi Kris, sorry, I’m on my way-" she paused, shock appearing on her perfect face. I could hear a female voice on the other end talking loudly. The other boys and I became quiet, and I could just about make out what she was saying.

“What the hell do I do?! She’s full on passed out!”

Carly suddenly began to laugh, and I frowned at Liam who frowned back at me.

“Okay, okay, calm down! I’m coming now, she’ll be fine, just keep an eye on her,” she muttered, and then ended the call.

“I have to go” she sighed. “It was amazing meeting you all,” she added, meeting my gaze for a few seconds. She turned to run away, though I grabbed her arm and pulled her back. She looked down at where my hand was, holding onto her cardigan, though I didn’t let go. I didn't want to let go.

“What’s happened?” I confusingly asked.

“My friends came to pick me up,” she pointed to the building in which we were all eventually heading to, and I could see clear, see-through glass windows. Carly continued.

“They came to the window to look for me and noticed me talking to you. She’ll be fine in a minute, honestly, but Gabby’s just fainted.”

***

Thoughts? Comments? Please click the vote button, it only takes a second & I would really appreciate it! And please tell me what you think! I don't really know where this is going, just keep adding more to it :) much love, faye .xo