Chapter 37

“Bye dad,” I said, pulling him in for a tight hug.

“Bye Carles,” he hugged me back and I felt tears form in the corners of my eyes.

“Come back soon!” I called as he got into the taxi. I felt an arm wrap around me and looked up to meet my mum’s gaze.

“Thank you,” I quietly whispered as we walked back to the house.

“What for?” she asked, sounding confused.

“Not eating each other’s heads off,” I admitted and she laughed, closing the door behind her.

“We are grownups Carly, I think we can behave,” she smiled, sitting down on the sofa. It was New Years Eve and my dad had left for New York. I hadn’t wanted him to go but he had assured me that I would be visiting him again before I knew it. My mum held up her hand and signalled for me to join her so I quickly ran over and sat down.

“Have you got everything ready?” she asked.

“Yep,” I smiled, popping the P as I spoke. 

"Okay Car, I need to talk to you about something."

"What?" I asked, confused.

"Well, not that I don't trust you or Harry, but try to be-"

"Whoa," I cut in. "Are you serious, mum!?"

"Car, you're 17! You're not a child anymore. I'm not forbidding it but I'm just saying make sure that you're safe," she finished. I sat there, bewildered - I couldn't believe this.

"Mum, I'm not-"

"I know. But just so you know."

"Fine," I huffed, ignoring her and standing up. I heard her sigh quietly beside me; she must have been dreading that. Forgetting the conversation, I ran upstairs and closed my bedroom door behind me. I stood in front of the mirror and exhaled slowly. I needed to stop freaking out! Nothing was even going to happen. And now to top it all off I felt even more ashamed of the Christmas present I had bought for Harry - I had debated taking it back but I hadn't had time to find anything else so I was stuck with it. I grabbed my huge duffel bag filled with clothes and checked myself in the mirror one last time. I didn't want to look too dressy but then again it was new years' eve so I had chosen a dark green lacy blouse with black shorts, black tights and ballet flats, aiming for a girly winter look. I messed my straight hair slightly and with one last glance, snapped my gaze away and headed down the stairs.

"Ready?" My mum asked, grasping at the car keys. I nodded and we left the house. My mum started the car and quickly headed to the train station.

"What time are you getting there?" She asked as she parked the car.

"The train arrives in Holmes Chapel at three," I answered. She leant over from the drivers seat and gave me a quick hug.

"Text me when you arrive!" She called as I stepped out of the car and grabbed my bag from the boot.

"Will do," I smiled. "Love you!"

"Love you Car. Have fun!"

***

"Can I see your ticket please miss?" I heard and looked up from my magazine to see a middle-ages man hovering above me.

"Sure," I smiled, taking it out. He stamped it and smiled at me, continuing alongside the other passengers. I sank back in my seat and looked out of the window, watching the faint rain fall outside. It really was a miserable day, but I didn't care because I was about to see the one person I had missed so much even though it had only been several days. Looking away from the passing view, I gazed at the other passengers on the train. It wasn't too crowded; it was new years eve after all and I was told that Holmes Chapel was only a small town in Cheshire, so my guess was that not many people would be stopping here. The journey passed pretty quickly and before I knew it the train was pulling up into Holmes Chapel station. I looked out of the window, surprised at the amount of people waiting here - I was expecting it to be deserted. I lifted my heavy bag over my shoulder and stood up, clutching tightly at my phone in my hand. I patienyly waited, allowing the other passengers to step off first. When the train was pretty much empty, I took a deep breath and headed towards the door. I stepped off the train and followed the other passengers. Soon enough they all began to leave the small crowded building but I stayed still; I couldn't see Harry anywhere. He had told me to stay in the train station where he would meet me but there was no sign of him here. I sighed quietly, feeling worried. Had I told him the wrong time? I checked my phone and bit my lip slightly, finding that the train had came in right on cue. I scrolled through my contacts on my blackberry and found his name. Hovering over it, I was about to click the call button when suddenly strong, secure arms winded their way around my waist from behind. I jumped at first but smiled at the sound of his voice.

"Hey beautiful," he whispered quietly, and I felt a huge blush rise across my cheeks. I spun around to face him and caught my breath slightly. Wow, he was so gorgeous. His emerald eyes twinkled with excitement, I hoped that he was as excited to see me as I was him. I smiled brightly, wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him in tightly for a hug. His arms tightened behind my back and he pulled me close, burying his face in my hair. After a few seconds I pulled away, locking my eyes with his. I stared at him and a smirk appeared on his face.

"What, no kiss?" He grinned cheekily, tilting his head to one side. I laughed at his cockiness and leant in, placing my lips on his. He smiled against them and moved one of his hands to my cheek, lightly stroking it. I snaked one of my arms around his neck and played with his curls with my other free hand. We both pulled away and he placed his forehead against mine.

"Here," he said, tearing away and grabbing my bag.

"Thank you," I smiled as he linked his fingers through mine.

"Come on," he grinned, eagerly pulling me towards the entrance. I laughed and ended up running with him. We looked insane but I didn't care, I was so happy. I just loved him.

***