Chapter 22

Slowly I turned back to face Harry, who was staring down at the ground. I didn’t know what to say or do. It couldn’t be that bad, right? Harry and I weren’t even dating!

“Harry?” I whispered and he coughed and looked up.

“This isn’t good, Car,” he breathed. I protested straight away.

“Har, it’s fine! We’re not even dating, so it won’t matter-”

“Carly-” he interrupted. “-it doesn’t matter whether they think we’re dating or not, they’ll start a story. I don’t want you to get hurt,” he looked down. “I...I didn’t think you’d get involved in all of this, but now I think you might have. I’m so sorry,” he hung his head in shame. I closed the distance between us and wrapped my arms around him where I placed my head on his shoulder.

“Don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine,” I encouraged. I wasn’t sure myself though.

“I don’t know what to do, Car,” he whispered.

“We’ll figure something out, don’t worry. You’re going on tour in a couple of days anyway so I’m not seeing you for a few weeks, it will have gone by then,” I smiled. I breathed a sigh of relief when he smiled back.

“Maybe you’re right,” he said.

“Trust me, I am,” I pulled apart. “Now, I’m going to help you cook this pasta,” I cheered.

“Fine,” Harry laughed, leading me into the kitchen. I walked around and hopped up on to the island sat in the middle of the room. I noticed him struggling so jumped off, walking over to him.

“Want some help?” I encouraged. He looked between me and the pasta he was stirring.

“Er...can you just pass me that sauce please?” he asked, pointing behind me. I followed his direction and sure enough, found the sauce sitting open on the far cabinet. I ran over, quickly scooping it up into my hands and headed back over to Harry. Unfortunately I didn’t notice the water lying helplessly on the floor and (as I am), went skidding across it and witnessed the large jar of sauce fly through the air and hit Harry. Smacking my head on the floor, I widened my eyes and innocently looked up at him. I couldn’t help but burst out laughing; he was covered head to toe in red stained pasta sauce. He wiped the thick layer of tomato sauce from his eyes and met my gaze, opening his mouth.

“I'm so sorry!” I stood up, standing next to him. Though he didn't reply - instead he ran past me and opened the fridge. My eyes skimmed at the sight of him bringing another bottle of sauce out and opening the lid.

“Whoa...whatcha' doing their Styles...” I trailed off, edging away so we were both on either sides of the island. He grinned and I couldn't believe how amazing he looked even though he was covered in sauce. All of a sudden he jumped over the table and backed me up against the wall. I looked up at his menacing, cheeky face and he smirked down at me.

“Getting even,” he sarcastically replied and then poured the whole jar over my head. This sauce was not the slightest bit warm, in fact it was freezing cold and it seeped through my hair and all over my clothes. I looked down and widened my eyes at the sight of my trashed beautiful tee shirt.

“Oh no you didn't!” I cried. “Not on my one direction tee shirt!” He laughed and I ran around him, grabbing the cheese from the counter.

“Car, come on, we're even now...you don't have to do that-” he stopped as I sprinkled the cheese onto his curls. He widened his eyes and I burst out laughing, screaming and running away from him. I didn't look behind me as I ran around the room but soon felt something burning hot being flung at me.