Chapter 6

I pulled the card and turned it around for us both to see. My eyes scanned over the words and I suddenly widened them quickly. Jesus, I didn't want anyone noticing that, especially not Carly. I could kill Lou! Why was he even doing this? So that I could kiss Carly? I didn't even want to kiss her! No more than any other girl I've kissed; she was just ordinary after all, nothing special.

'You know that's not true,' I heard. Whoa, what was that? A conscience, did they call it? I'd never heard it before...was Lou messing with me? It did sound like him, jeesh, he was insane. Okay, I had to act quickly. I couldn't not kiss her, that would make me look suspicious. Suspicious of what, I had no clue, but there you go. 'Just kiss her!' The voice said again. God, I was going to have words with Louis later.

I placed my hand on Carly's small, soft cheek and slowly bent down, pressing my lips to hers. You know in books and movies when they say there is fireworks? They don't lie. I kissed her softly at first, but then I think we both felt it suddenly become more intense so we pulled away, each slightly breathless. I just looked straight ahead and kept my gaze away from Carly. Lou's eyes were widened as were everyone else's - nobody said anything. Smashing. After a moment I heard Carly getting up.

"I'm 'gonna go to the bathroom," she murmured, and then ran away. I didn't even look at her. I couldn't. What was happening to me? No girl had ever had an effect on me like that, ever.

"Me too!" Gab cheered, and ran after her. I sat there, pretty still to be honest, feeling everyone's eyes on me. I quickly stood up and met Lou's gaze.

"Lou, a word please?" I hissed and headed out of the room, hearing footsteps following behind me.

"I think spin the bottle's over," Niall whispered as I pushed open the door and ran up the stairs to my bedroom. I didn't even look over to where Carly and Gab had gone.

I let Louis in behind me then turned around, folding my arms across my chest.

"Working the charm, my man!" He cried, putting his hands on his hips and closing his eyes. "You're welcome."

"What the hell are you playing at?!" I ran over to him, pushed him back, and dragged my hands through my hair. I sat down on the edge of the bed and put my face in my hands. God, I was a wreck. I needed help.

"Whoa...what?" He asked, sitting down beside me. "I thought you liked Carly? How lucky was that getting kiss on the lips? You know what that is, mate? Fate," he whispered, patting me on the back. "Why so glum?"

"Why so glum?" I scoffed. "Because when I kissed her, it was different. It wasn't like any other kiss I've had before, and now I'm so confused Lou, because this just doesn't happen to me. I don't know what this is-" I motioned with my hands, "-but I don't like where its going. After we've ate the pizzas I think the girls should go. I'll act normal for an hour or so, but I seriously need some time to think." I sighed. Louis said nothing for what seemed like ages. I actually thought he'd passed out, so I looked up at him to see a confused look plastered across his face.

"What?" I asked.

"This is weird. I've never seen you like this before," he replied.

"Like what?!" I stood up again. "I'm fine, I'm completely normal! She's just another girl!"

"Normal? Dude, you're anything but normal. You're freaking out! This is actually quite interesting...I didn't think it would be possible for any girl to have an effect on you like this," he shook his head - was he laughing at me?

"Louis, help me! What can I do? This needs to go away!" I rushed.

"You want whatever this is to go away?" he asked.

"For christ's sake, yes!"

"Then you have to stop seeing her," he nodded his head.

"I barely know her, Lou! I only met her yesterday!" I replied.

"Then it'll be easy to not invite her out with us again," he stood up. "Problem solved."

"But I don't want to do that," I heard myself saying. Louis just looked at me and sighed.

"I try to help, but you confuse me even more," he sighed. Downstairs, we both heard the doorbell and I quickly looked up.

"That must be Amanda with the pizza's," Louis said. "Look man, can we talk about this later? I'm really not - wait, what are you doing?" He asked, though he didn't have time to get an answer. I ran past him towards the door and slammed it behind me. I ran as fast as I could down the stairs, making sure no one got to the door before me. I had to see something.

***

"So just go out there and let him be the first one to speak to you!" Gab said.

"I don't get all this boy stuff, why can't I just grow old and have lots of cats?" I sighed. Gab just stared blankly at me.

"Sarcasm," I whispered.

"Argh, go!" She hissed, opened the bathroom door and pushed me out. I felt a breeze quickly blow past me one second and the next it was gone. I looked to my right to find Harry opening the door to a gorgeous girl holding the pizzas. I pushed myself back inside the bathroom, Gab squealing behind me.

"Sshhh!" I whispered and closed the door until there was just a small gap that we could both look out of. 

The pizza girl had short blonde hair and looked slightly older than us, early twenties, I'd say. Harry took the pizzas from her and gave her the money. They started talking, but Gab kept fidgeting so I couldn't quite hear what they were saying.

"Gab!" I hissed again.

"Sorry!" She held up her hands in defence, and we both looked out again. Harry put the pizzas on the small table beside the door and all of a sudden he was kissing her. Kissing the pizza girl. Was I seeing right? She didn't seem to mind, she threw her arms around his neck and he slipped his around her waist. I just stood there, watching them, and after a moment I couldn't. I moved backwards and sat down; my heart felt like it had dropped. For some miraculously insane reason, I just felt like Harry Styles had cheated on me. See how insane I am? It was just one small kiss! A kiss in a pathetic game that meant absolutely nothing. I hadn't kissed that many guys, but I swear something about that kiss was different...special. It was probably just my mind playing tricks on me, making me think it was amazing because it was with Harry Styles, though I doubted that. It was just one small kiss and the worst thing was that it was pointless. It was never, ever, going to go anywhere.

*** 

I pulled away from Amanda and she looked up.

"You don't disappoint Harry - every single time you get better," she laughed, and I just looked down.

"Can I come inside?" She asked, playing with one of my curls. I let go of her and stepped back inside the house.

"No, sorry amanda; we have guests. Maybe another time," I instantly said, though I regretted it as soon as it came out of my mouth.

"No problem, but next time I won't be asking," she winked at me and walked away. I closed the door and grabbed the pizzas, then stood there for a moment. I had kissed her the best I could, maybe even better if that was possible. Amanda was an amazing kisser as well, so I expected to forget immediately. But now I was more confused than ever, because I hadn't felt nothing. No matter what I did, it was nothing in comparison to the kiss with Carly. And that had only been small and quick. I needed to see her, right now.

***

"He's gone," Gab breathed. The second she said it I pushed past her and opened the door. I didn't stop there, I carried on running until I was outside the front door and down the concrete steps.

"Carly! Where the hell are you going?!" Gab came running up behind me. I stopped just for a second and turned to face her.

"Home. I just...I can't go back in there, Gab. When you leave stop off at mine and bring my bag, please," I sighed and turned my back on her. I didn't have my keys, I didn't have my phone. I didn't even notice if Gab was behind me. I just kept running as fast as I could to my home or just somewhere...anywhere away from here.

***

I know it's short, sorry :( I just wrote it all today because I wanted to carry on for a bit after the kiss. Hope you liked it! Vote and comment please! I'm not sure when the next part will be up but hopefully soon! Much love, faye .xo