Epilogue

Eight months later.

20th August, 2013.

***

I stepped off the plane and as my feet touched the ground I smiled to myself. I was here. I was home.

I made my way through the airport as quickly as possible, collecting my suitcase on my way. When I reached the arrivals a huge smile spread across my face as I saw my mum and Gary waiting there.

“Mum!” I cried, and she jumped up and down, hugging me tightly. I hugged Gary too and he took hold of my suitcase, pulling it along as we walked towards the car park.

“Oh Carly, you look wonderful,” my mum beamed, wrapping her arm around my shoulder. “How are you?”

“Much better,” I answered, my mind drifting back to what I had been through during the past eight months. Since waking up from the horrific coma that I had gone into, I had been determined to get better. However, all things come at a price. I had broken my left arm and left leg, had suffered multiple cracks in my ribs and had also received multiple sprains and dislocations across my body. So until I got better...I couldn’t dance. I had luckily started Julliard a year in advance and so it hadn’t really affected my education. For the past eight months I had been focusing on my music degree, and had been studying the theory side of dance instead of the literal and choreographic side. So as for my education...everything was okay. I still lived in New York with my dad because I was happy being a student at Julliard; it was the exact school for me based on what I wanted to do in the future. My mum and Gary had stayed for a few weeks after I had woken up though had returned to London when I had told them that they needed to get on with their life. As for my injuries...my broken leg had been the worst. I had suffered from high energy and open fractures, and with weekly trips to the hospital, it had taken twenty eight weeks to heal, so seven months. My arm hadn’t been so bad, and had only taken three months. But now...I was back to normal. The cast on my leg had been taken off just over three weeks ago, and I had dedicated a lot of time each day to fixing myself up again for September; I needed to be ready for the next year at my school. My dad had fixed me up with a trainer to help me with rehab, and now, I was back to dancing. It had been like I’d never stopped. Of course, I wasn’t as good as before, but the sessions with my trainer were helping and I was quickly getting back to normal.

And then there was Harry. Things with him had been...utterly perfect. It was as though I had been living in a daydream for the past eight months, but I hadn’t. It was actually reality. When I had woken up I had been instructed by my doctor to stay in the hospital for two weeks, and he had been there every day. Even Christmas and New Year, which completely shocked me because he was giving up his time that should have been with his family to be with me instead. I had told him to go home, though he had insisted that he would stay with me. He had spent every single day in that hospital, and it had made me love him even more, if that was possible. When I had been given permission by the doctor to leave, Harry had still stayed in New York with me for another two weeks. He had taken care of me whilst my dad was at work and had helped me begin to get better, which I was completely grateful for. Towards the end of January he had been contacted by his management to return to England as he and other boys were soon starting their world tour. He had left, but since then, there hasn’t been a day when we haven’t spoke. He calls me on FaceTime every single day, and although it’s only through a screen, it’s enough. One Direction had toured Europe and America over the past six months, and they had had such a busy schedule that Harry and I had only had a chance to see each other once. I hadn’t been allowed to travel and so Harry had flown to New York on one of his rare days off to see me. That had been in June though, so it had been two months since we had seen each other. And the last time he had seen me, I had still been in my cast. He hadn’t seen me completely better, and so I couldn’t wait.