Chapter 63

Harry.

Harry Styles.

My ex-boyfriend.

In New York.

I hadn’t slept at all last night.  No matter how much I’d tried, I couldn’t bring myself to be taken over by sleep; I couldn’t accept the fact that he and the rest of the boys were on their way to New York, or perhaps here already. Yesterday, after Ali and I had been told of our successful auditions, Mrs Carter had pulled me away and told me that it was my decision on whether or not I chose to dance. She obviously knew that I had a history with Harry; everyone did, but she still recommended accepting the offer. She had told me that to be in his company for one night was nothing compared to the fact that in the future, whatever I chose to do, seeing that I had danced for One Direction in Madison Square Garden was a huge advantage for me to show. Today, I had a rehearsal for our show that was being held on Monday night. I was headed there this afternoon, and I had to give an answer to Mrs Carter then. Yes or no. I had been debating last night, but had found that I was still clueless as to what to do. Breaking Dawn Part 2 had been amazing, and had stolen my attention for a couple of hours, but afterwards, I was back to square one again. I had told Ryan, and if he had been angry, he hadn’t shown it. He had told me to go for it. My dad had said the same. But it wasn’t their decision, it was mine. And although I kept telling myself that if I chose to do it, it would be for dancing purposes only, I knew that deep down, that wasn’t completely true.

I wanted to see him.

I wanted to see Harry.

I didn’t know why.

Maybe it was to see how he was, if he was the same, or if he had changed. But whatever the reason, I most certainly did not have feelings for him. Definitely not.

A t the present moment, I was walking along West 42nd, making my way to Starbucks over-looking Times Square. I had my phone in my hands, in the middle of texting Gab to say that I was almost there. What I needed most right now was advice from my closest friends, even if it was only over FaceTime. I hated re-visiting Times Square again after only being here two days before, though Gab had insisted that I call them from there, because she hadn’t had a chance to see the view on our last video call. Ridiculous, I know. I opened the door to Starbucks and ordered my usual coffee, as well as a Muffin; I needed both caffeine and chocolate to start this dreaded day. I quickly ran upstairs and took a seat near the window, calming down for a minute or so and trying to allow the nerves in my brain to stop jittering. Realisation sank in that I probably wouldn’t calm down until today had ended, until I knew what I was doing. I quietly sighed and clicked onto Gab’s name in my contact list, before pressing ‘FaceTime’. After only a few seconds her face appeared on my screen, but not just her: Kristen, Georgia, and Megan too. It was the first time I had seen them all together, and it instantly made me smile.

“Oh my God, hi!” I beamed, receiving waves and cheery faces in response. But no sound. I narrowed my eyebrows and motioned my hand to my ear.

“I can’t hear you!” I clearly said.

“That’s because we’re over here, you idiot!”

I looked up and felt my eyes widen massively. I screamed at the top of my lungs, unable to take in what I was seeing. Oh my God. I stood up, forgetting about my belongings, and sprinted towards them. They met me halfway, and then we were all hugging, myself feeling as though as I was about to collapse from no air entering my lungs. I don’t know how long we stayed like that for, probably awhile, though as soon as we broke apart I felt the need to hug them all again, believing that this had to be a dream and that any moment now, they would disappear.