Chapter 12

It felt as though hours had passed, but it had only been seconds. My mum’s jaw was almost touching the floor as she started wide eyed at Harry, who was just smiling back. After another moment he spoke, which I was unbelievably thankful for.

“Ms Gilbert, hello, I’m Harry,” he said, extending his hand. Trust my mum to be home now! I thought she was in ‘work’ today...well I was seriously having words with her later. She looked down at his hand and then coughed to herself, smiling at him, and taking it.

“Hello Harry, it’s nice to meet you. Please, call me Maria,” oh my god. “Would you like to come in?”

“I...err, I’m sorry, I’d love to only I have a flight leaving soon, thank you though,” he answered politely. Wow! He was a mama’s boy!

“Don’t worry!” she replied. “Going anywhere nice?”

“LA,” he simply said, smiling.

“Wow! To finish off the album?” she asked. I hung my head in shame, and heard Harry laugh beside me.

“Yes actually!” he carried on laughing.

“Well I hope you have a lovely time. Carly’s friends camped out-” I beg you mum, stop. “-for your tour tickets, she can’t wait, she really loves-”

“Bye mum!” I shouted, pushing her inside before she could finish that sentence, but not before hearing her call “Nice to meet you!” Slowly I turned back to Harry who had his hand covering his mouth, laughing. God he looked gorgeous.

“She’s nice!” he said gleefully.

“She’s a crank!” I stated, causing him to laugh again. He stopped so I looked up at him. “What time is your flight?” I asked, trying to sound normal instead of how sad I really was inside; I didn’t want him to leave.

“Nine, but we have to be there before and...yeah,” he trailed off after I began to nod.

“So...how long are you going for?” I asked, looking down and trying my best to concentrate on my toms. He coughed before he spoke.

“Two months,” I shot my head up, raising my eyebrows slightly.

“Two months?”

“Yeah...don’t worry, it’ll fly by – you’ll be at the tour before you know it,” he smiled. “What date are you going?”

“December 18th.”

“Ooh, our last date before Christmas, that’s good,” he smiled cheerfully. “I...err, I’ll keep in touch Car.”

“You best had Styles,” had I given him a nickname now? Well if I had, it wasn’t very original. He laughed in response, smiling at me. He took a step closer to me and I actually thought he was going to do something else, but instead, wrapped his arms around me and pulled me in for a close, warm hug. I found myself wrapping my arms around his back and resting my head on his shoulder. I don’t know what it was, I just felt that at that moment everything was right, I was comfortable and from what I could 
tell so was Harry.

***

“So thank you my lovely daughter Carly for sharing with me that you had a date with your celebrity crush!” my mum cried as I closed the door behind me.

“It wasn’t a date!”

“Wasn’t a date? I’m not that old Carly, I saw the way you were looking at eachother.”

“We’re just friends!”

“Friends?! Since when?” she asked, grinning. It was like she was four, not forty.

“The other day, mum, I’m not talking about this; I need to get ready for school tomorrow-”

“I’ll put your tea on then.”

“Thank you,” I smiled.

“But at dinner you’re telling me all the details!” I ran up the stairs and shut the door behind me after entering my room. The amount of thoughts in my head made me go dizzy so I went and lay on my bed. Maybe it wasn’t a good idea to be hanging out with Harry Styles. Because after today I feared something could happen inside me which wouldn’t be good for either of us.

I feared I was falling for him.

***

Seconds passed. Minutes passed. Hours passed. Moments passed.

“What’s wrong, Harry?” I heard a voice ask behind me. I didn’t even recognise it at first; I was too deep in thought.

I turned around to see Liam raise his eyebrows at me, the other lads behind him. We were standing near the air hostess on our private plane who I couldn’t help but notice kept winking at Zayn. I wasn’t in the mood for girls at the moment.

“...nothing. Just deep in thought, I guess,” I trailed off.

“Well snap out of it man! We’re going to finish off our album! ALBUM!” Louis said cheerfully. “Which row shall we sit on?”

“I...actually, I’m pretty tired, I need the sleep. Do you guys mind if I sit on my own?” I asked, praying that I didn’t sound cruel. They all exchanged, glances, looking worried, but I ignored it. I looked down and heard niall’s soft irish accent make me smile.

“No problem Har, feel better,” he chirped, making me liven up. I didn’t even feel sick. I just had to share my thoughts with words.

I sat down at the very back closest to the corner. I threw my bag on the seat next to me and took off my blazer.

“Like me to take that for you, Mr Styles?” I heard in a silky, tempting voice. Looking up, I found the familiar air hostess otherwise known as Jamie. She and I often...well, you know.

“I’m not up to it right now, sorry Jamie,” I smiled sympathetically. She just looked at me and frowned, taking my blazer and not bothering to call a simple ‘okay’ as she left. Well that was nice.

Taking a fresh white pad which I’d thrown in my travelling messenger bag, I took out a pen and stopped. Thoughts swarmed around my mind and I let myself go, drifting away in them...

...on the other side of the world...I’ll be there...forget about the clock...without you I can’t face it...the way you smile with your eyes...

My eyes snapped open. Carly. All of my thoughts were about her, and I knew it. What that meant, I really didn’t know, but now I found myself care-free smiling at these new, familiar lyrics filling my head. My pen stopped on the top line, and I wrote the words which said it all.

‘Everything about you, by Harry Styles.’