Chapter 45

"Can you believe we're promoting in America?" Liam asked, shocked as all of us were after closing the door behind us. We had just had a meeting with our management who (for once) done nothing but praise all of us. They were especially happy that I had announced I was in a serious relationship, but also pleased the other lads had too. All except Niall. But not for long, hopefully this weekend would change that.

"It's just...unreal," I spoke for us all. "I mean, not just America. France and Sweden next month too."

"It's wild!" Zayn cried.

"Almost as wild as your hair," Louis laughed, causing Zayn to widen his eyes.

"I knew I should have spent longer on it today," he hissed to himself, causing me to laugh quietly.

"Hey vain man, you may want to spend a little less time on your hair and a little more time on your girlfriend," I pointed at his phone that was lighting up as it began to ring.

"Oh shit!" he breathed. "Am I going deaf or something?" he fished it out of his jean phone and answered it, walking away from us as he did. "Hey babe, we've just finished, I'm on my way right..." his voice trailed off as he walked away.

"I'm gonna go too," Liam chirped. "Picking Gabby up from school in a bit."

"Yeah, I'm meeting up with Georgia later for tea," Lou smiled, standing next to him. "Catch up with you guys tomorrow?" he directed to Niall and I.

"Sure," we both said as they walked away. I turned to face the Irish boy and we began to walk out the opposite side of the building where our cars were sat.

"You not going out with Carly?" he asked beside me.

"Nah, she's going to Kristen's straight from school," I smiled as we both stopped, then coughed a little. "Hey, Erm, do you fancy going the cinema this weekend?"

"With who?" he asked, a curious expression on his face.

"Me."

"On a date?" he mocked, causing me to laugh.

"Shut up. We haven't been in awhile," I joked.

"Okay...oh! We should go see that new film - it just opened last weekend!" he cried.

"What?" I said, folding my arms across my chest as I leant against my car.

"The Devil Inside!" he cheered. I had no clue what he was on about but a horror movie...that was-

"Perfect," I spoke my thoughts aloud. Great. Kristen would get scared and Niall would...well Niall probably wouldn't notice if there was popcorn in sight but hopefully he'd reassure her. And that would lead somewhere.

"Okay," he smiled. "Should we ask the other lads if they-"

"-no," I interrupted. "I mean, erm, they can go some other day. Just us two this time."

"O-okay," he looked wearily at me before opening his car door.
"Where are you off too?"

"Meeting up with Lou and Lux. Tom's out of town for a few days and what with being off we haven't seen them in awhile so we're just meeting up for coffee," I smiled at him. "What about you?"

"Just going home - I'm shattered if I'm honest so I might take a nap," he said and I laughed. "See you later then, Har."

"Bye mate."

***

"Oh my god - that's it! You've got it!" I cried, jumping up and down as Sam played the melody. "You should play electric guitar more often."

He laughed before he spoke. "It's pretty simple to be honest Carly. Come on, have a go of singing it."

"Now?" I pulled a face. "Well, I mean, we haven't got Kyle to play the drums for us," I tried but it didn't work. Sam raised an eyebrow and I sighed.

"Fine!" I huffed, running over to the door of our small practise room and checking it was closed before nodding to him. He began to play and I smiled, leaning against the wall as I didn't need a mike.

"I'm feeling sexy and free, like glitters raining on me. You're like a shot of pure gold, I think I'm 'bout to explode," I emphasised the last word, causing Sam to laugh quietly.

"It works!" I cheered, hugging him as the bell hit my ear drums.

"It sounds great," he remarked, putting the guitar away. I grabbed my bag as did he and we began to walk to form for our end registration.

"How's your Coldplay song getting on?" he asked beside me.

"Fab," I smiled. "Joe has a really good voice. Hey, are you singing?"

"Nah," he simply said, looking down.

"Oh my god - you can sing," I grinned and his head shot up, his light brown hair falling messily.

"No I can't," he argued.

"I know that look, you can," I grinned. "You're singing for me next lesson."

"No I'm-"

"You are," I sung as we walked into the classroom. He laughed and shook his head, high fiving me before heading over to Soph, Evie and Tom.

"Hello," I smiled as I took a seat beside Kristen.

"Hey Car."

***

"I can't control my emotions!" I threw my hands over my mouth, holding in the laugh. Kris did the same thing as we both stared at her huge TV screen, watching friends.

"Whoa, what'cha doing there Gurt?" Ross blurted and the laughter erupted from Kristen and I.

"Can't...breathe!" I stammered, looking over at her. She had turned purple, which only made me laugh even more. Friends was our favourite TV show ever, and Ross Gellar was a legend. This was just one of those scenes that killed us every time.

"I can't even look at you!" she cried, running away from me and into the kitchen. I sat there laughing to myself like a loon until I eventually calmed down. Kris appeared at my side by that time.

"There are no words," she giggled, watching the rest of the episode with me until it finally finished.

"That was funny," I laughed as I sat up. I heard my phone from the other room and so stood up, going to check it. I unlocked it and a huge grin appeared on my face as I read the text from Harry.

- All set. Niall's agreed to come the cinema this weekend :D .xx

I sent him a text back.

- Oh my god, great!! What do I tell her we're seeing?,xx

- The Devil Inside .xx

- Are you crazy!? That movie looks terrifying!!,xx

- Well lucky for you you don't have to watch it ;) .xx

- Thank the lord. ,xx

I put my phone away, laughing to myself before walking back into the living room.

"Who was it?" she asked as I sat down next to her.

"Harry," I smiled, jumping up. "Hey, do you fancy coming the cinema this weekend?"

"Okay," she smiled brightly. "To see what?"

"Erm...the devil inside?" I bit my lip slightly.

"Are you kidding? Why?! You hate scary movies!" she cried. How could I argue with that? I did hate scary movies; they were just so...scary.

"I know but this one looks good, come on it'll be fun!" I practically begged. She looked at me like I was insane and then sighed.

"Fine. But don't blame me if I cry the whole movie," she warned and I laughed. We settled on watching another episode of friends and as Kris changed the disk I sent a quick text to Harry.

- She's cominggg ,xx

***