Chapter 31

A loud slam echoed from downstairs and my eyes snapped open. I quickly looked around, finding my head resting on Harry's chest. I slowly looked up as he opened his eyes.

“What time is it?” I whispered. He looked over at his phone and raised his eyebrows slightly.

“2:15,” he answered and I widened my eyes. I jumped up, trying to get out of the bed. His fingers stayed linked with mine and he quickly pulled me back. I laughed, allowing him as he propped himself up.

“I...I still can't believe this,” I quietly said, looking down at where our hands were joined. He stroked my hand and I felt tingles shoot up my arm.

“Me neither,” I heard him say and I looked up. He was smiling down at me.

“Harry...are you sure about...telling everyone?” I asked.

“Car, stop it. If you don't want me telling then-”

“No...god no, I mean for your sake,” I whispered sympathetically.

“I don't want to hide this,” he encouraged. “I don't care who knows.” He pulled me closer to him and I giggled, smiling as his lips softly met mine. I felt the fireworks surround us and my mind drifted back to last night. I still couldn't accept it...he loved me. Harry loved me. And I couldn't be more happy because I loved him too. It still felt like a dream, the fact that I was his girlfriend. Last night we had went to the hospital and they had bandaged his hand. They said it would soon be fine but I couldn't help but worry, why would he even do that? He had drove me home but I hadn't wanted him to leave, so he had came in and stayed over. We'd talked, practically the whole night - anything we hadn't known about each other I was pretty sure we knew now. He was everything. Suddenly I could finally realise how much he meant to me. But I couldn't help being scared. Scared of what people would say. This time four months ago I had been just a fan, I could join in with the trends and chats on twitter. But now I was scared that that was going to change. I was scared they were all going to hate me. We broke apart and I looked down, feeling fear show on my face. I felt his hand cup my cheek and he softly whispered: “what are you thinking?”

“What-” I stammered, looking up to meet his gaze. “What...if they hate me?” I broke. His eyes melted with sympathy and he sighed, wrapping his arms around me.

“They won't. Don't even think like that. They'll love you. They'll love you like I love you,” he stroked my hair and I looked up at him again.

“Thank you,” I breathed, quickly kissing his cheek. Lame, I know, but I was lame apparently. See, I already felt better. Footsteps up the stairs suddenly caught my attention, and I looked pleadingly at Harry, wondering what to do.

“Here goes,” he smiled and I looked behind me as the door opened.

“Car, are you - oh! Hello Harry! I...erm...I didn't know you were staying, erm...okay...” She trailed off, not knowing what to say. “What's happening here?” She asked after looking down at our hands. I didn't know what to say. Opening my mouth, I was cut off when Harry spoke for both of us.

“Ms Gilbert,” he stood up straight, whilst also keeping hold of my hand. “I'm in love with your daughter.” He said it so simply and confidently that my breath actually caught, and a high blush formed across my cheeks. My mum widened her eyes and she stuttered slightly, not really knowing what to say. I knew that feeling. I quickly jumped up, standing next to Harry and meeting her waiting gaze.

“I love him too, mum,” I smiled encouragingly at her. I didn't look at Harry, though I could feel his strong gaze on me. A small smile broke on her face and all of a sudden she became very excited. Why did she act so young?

“We have to celebrate!” She ran out of the room. What was she even doing? I looked down at my hand joined with Harry's and then back up at him. He was so beautiful.

“Are you free tomorrow night?” He whispered ever so slightly, pulling me closer to him. I laughed quietly, nodding my head.

“Maybe,” I raised my eyebrows, grinning at him. He smirked and wrapped his other arm around my waist. He bent down and I blushed, feeling his steady breath in my ear.

“How would you like to go on our first date?” He whispered. I closed my eyes, still not able to accept the fact that there was an us.

“I'd love that,” I said, pulling back to look at him. His hypnotising eyes twinkled with glee, matching mine exactly. He pressed his forehead against mine.

“I'll pick you up at eight.”

***