Chapter 43

Why we had started school again on a Friday I had no clue. But at least I had the weekend to relax - oh wait, I didn't. I had a cheerleading competition which was a pretty huge deal since it was the championship final. We had been practicing since October, and finally the weekend had arrived. To top it off, my cheer instructor had positioned me as centre flyer, which meant that if I screwed up, the whole routine screwed up. So everyone was counting on me which made me, well, terrified. Luckily it was tomorrow and we had rehearsals for three hours this evening which made me feel a bit better.

I needed a lot of energy today, and my mum had actually been called into work for extreme overtime, that I knew for a fact because she and Gary spent almost every day together so there was nothing to hide. I was adjusting more to their relationship each day, and the fact that they were getting married had sunk into me...I didn't mind. To be honest, I still felt like I hadn't had that 'heart to heart' thing with Gary which although would probably make things better, would be as awkward as hell so things were okay. Better than okay. Great actually.

I sat down at the breakfast table with my cereal and began eating on my own - I didn't mind though. My phone buzzed beside me and I picked it up, opening the new message from the one person I was constantly craving to see.

- Niall's decided he will be hungry at 1 and so has invited everyone to his for pizza - do you want to come? I know I only seen you on Thursday but I miss you like crazy! Please .xx

I smiled and sent him a text back.

- I ALWAYS miss you when you're not here! Of course I'll come, not all of us have hung out in awhile so it'll be great! I have my cheerleading competition tomorrow though & practise today at 5 so I can only stay until then sorry! ,xxx

I finished up my cereal and took my plate to the dish washer as my phone buzzed again.

- Great! Of course you do sorry, we shall talk about it because I'll be coming!! I'll pick you up at 12:45 & I'll take you to practise afterwards as well. See you soon! .xxx

I sent him a text back and jogged upstairs to get ready. Picking me up to go to Nialls apartment and then taking me to cheer practise...he was just the sweetest boyfriend ever. I took a long shower and then dried my hair. Instead of styling it all, I pulled it back into a really high pony, knowing I'd be asked to pin it up later anyway. I curled the ponytail with my tongs and smiled as it finally draped perfectly. Hairspraying it into place, I grabbed some retro printed leggings, a sleeveless collared shirt and threw them on with my black converse. They were completely battered but I liked them that way. I put basic make up on too though added a bold lipstick to stand out. Grabbing my duffel bag, I sighed at having to take it but had no other choice - I threw in my cheerleading uniform and everything else that I needed. By the time I was up and ready there was a quiet tap at the door and I practically sprinted there to fling it open. Harry stood there in black woollen coat, jeans and vintage suede shoes looking like the definition of perfection. I smiled brightly, dropping my heavy bag on the floor and running over to him. His eyes twinkled with glee and I didn't pause as I reached him; I pressed my lips against his. He wrapped his arms around my waist, lifting me up. My hands stopped at the back of his neck, pulling him closer to me and playing with a few curls.

"What was that for?" he pulled away, smiling uncontrollably.

"I just missed you," I admitted as he picked up my huge bag. "And I like kissing you," I blushed.

"I like kissing you too," he pulled me close. "Its the most amazing thing ever."

"Like fireworks," I breathed.

"Exactly!" he cried, opening the door for me as we stopped at his car. I sat down and he climbed in, beginning to drive.

"You can feel it?" he asked, looking over at me after a minute or so.

"Which?"

"The fireworks." I smiled before I answered.

"Every time." His eyes lit up in response, making my heart flip over. I noticed some of my lipstick smudged on his lips but I didn't say anything; I could tell him when we stopped the car.

"So this cheerleading competition is a big deal?" he asked, already seeming to know the answer.

"The championship final," I nodded. "I'm so nervous."

"Don't be - you'll be great," he cocked his head to the side. "And I'll be there to cheer you on."

"You don't have to, really," I said politely.

"I want to! I want to go to my girlfriend's competition and scream 'go carly!' in the audience!" he cheered, causing me to laugh.

"You're too sweet."

"Well, I'll be cheeky too and say that I can't wait to see you in your uniform," he winked at me. My knees went weak...thank God I was sitting down. Well I was dreading wearing that now.

After a short journey we reached Nialls apartment. I noticed Harry and Lou's just a minute before, proving that they were all really close together. Zayn and Liams must be around here too. Harry stopped his car and I looked up, taking in the big, beautiful building for one small, cute Irish boy. I looked over at Harry and our eyes locked.

"My lipsticks on your lip," I laughed, pointing to it. He laughed quietly, edging closer.

"Can you wipe it off for me?" he asked.

"Sure," I smiled, leaning into him. His aftershave added to his amazing smell and I felt like I was in heaven. My finger brushed his soft, delicious lip and I focused on it, wiping off the lipstick. I knew that he was watching me but I didn't glance up, instead I rubbed off the make-up, careful not leave my eyes lingering on his lips for too long.

"All done!" I beamed but I didn't move away. Neither did he.

"You may have to do that again," he informed me as his lips descended on mine for the second time in ten minutes. We'd been together almost two weeks and we had already kissed a lot - not that I was complaining, at all. A sudden knocking on the window distracted me, causing me to pull away. Harry followed me though.

"Yo lovebirds, get a room!" Louis hooted through the window. Georgia was standing beside him and pushed him forward, shouting 'leave them alone!' before winking at us. I blushed scarlet and turned back to Harry who surprisingly was too. Well that made two of us for once! He gestured towards the front door and grinned.

"Come on."

***

Harry and I walked in hand in hand and every pair of eyes shot towards us. I raised my eyebrows when everyone was silent, wondering what was wrong.

"Sorry-" Liam broke the silence. "We just haven't seen you two together yet in real life-"

"-You look so cute!" Kristen cut in, causing everyone to laugh and me to blush. Why did I have to blush at almost everything? Everyone was already here: Gab and Liam sharing one couch with Zayn and Megan, Georgia and Louis sitting on the floor chatting to Kristen and Niall at the TV eating pizza whilst putting a film on. There was only one space left: the huge armchair. Harry dragged me over and sat down, opening his arms out to me as if I were a toddler. I could feel most people's gazes on me as I debated.

"I'm too heavy!" I argued, but he stood up, one arm lifting me under my knees whilst the other held my back in a bridal style hold. He sat down with me still in his arms and smiled with victory.

"Fine," I laughed, snuggling into him as the movie began.

"I love this movie," he whispered into my ear as Love Actually started.

"Me too!" I smiled brightly. We all began to watch the movie together, snacking on pizza and chatting to each other throughout it.

"Carly's cheerleading team is in the championship finals tomorrow," Harry informed everyone.

"What!?" Kristen perked, sitting up. "That's tomorrow? Why didn't you tell us?"

"It's really no big deal..." I trailed off.

"Yes it is!" Gab said. "You've been practicing for this for months! Well I'm coming, are you coming love?" she asked to Liam.

"I'm coming," Liam grinned.

"I wanna come!" Louis cheered. "Cheerleading with all the flips and lifts and everything? That looks so much fun!"

"Yes! I'll be there too Carls!" Georgia cried. Everyone else joined in and before I knew it I was crowded with cheers.

"You guys really want to go?" I asked, raising my eyebrows. They all nodded in sync and I laughed.

"Alright!" I smiled brightly, really happy that they all wanted to come and see me. Harry tightened his arms around me and kissed my cheek, causing an 'aw' to slip from Niall's mouth.

"Give us a preview of tomorrow then Carls!" Georgia tugged on my hand.

"What?" I laughed. "...like what?"

"Can you do the splits?" she asked.

"Of course I can," I laughed again, that was one of the things I never really worried about. Though now I doubted saying it.

"Show us!" she cheered, pulling me up from Harrys lap. Megan stood up too.

"That's something on my bucket list - I'm slowly getting there!" she laughed. "Go on Car!"

"Carly! Carly! Carly! Carly!" everyone began to cheer together and I threw my head in my hands. I turned to Harry for help though found him cheering the loudest. Awesome.

"Okay fine!" I gave up and kicked off my converse, walking to a space in the huge room where nobody was sitting. I kicked my leg up and in jumped into the splits, feeling embarrassed when no one spoke. I decided clear the tensed atmosphere and threw my hands to the side.

"And a little bit of jazz hands," I did a cheesy smile as I shook my hands, causing them all to laugh.

"You're officially my idol!" Megan laughed as I stood up. I laughed in response and walked back over to Harry. His eyes were frozen were I had been seconds before and I waved my hand in front of him.

"Hello? Anybody there?"

His eyes snapped away and he coughed before smiling brightly at me and offering me a seat again. I settled into him and turned to watch the movie but Kristen and Niall caught my attention instead. Kristen was sat next to Georgia and every so often I could see Niall glancing in her direction. As soon as he turned his head, she would turn her gaze to him. God, why weren't they together already? As if reading my mind, Harry tapped my shoulder and I turned my head to look at him. He nodded in their direction and I smiled, nodding to the door.

"Go on," he whispered into my ear, his deep voice sending shivers down my spine. I stood up and waited for him to stand to. Everyone looked our way and Harry began to stutter.

"We're just...Erm...one minute," he took my hand, guiding me out of the room. As he closed the door I heard Louis' muffled voice and then laughter. I really didn't want to know what he'd said. Harry walked towards a spare room and closed the door behind me. I turned to face him, my eyes wide.

"Why can't they just get together already?!" I cried and he laughed.

"I know! Niall's mad but I didn't expect that of Kristen - how can they not see how crazy they are about each other?" he sat down.

"I know!" I shouted. Seriously, it's like we were meant to be together - we even shared the same thoughts. I sat down on the couch opposite him and watched as he sat there thinking.

"Oh!" he quickly stood up and I jumped, looking up at him. "We should do that thing where we set them up!"

"Like...literally?" I asked, standing up too. He shook his head and his curls danced around him, matching his joyous mood.

"No, you know where you ask Kristen to go the movies and I ask Niall, then we both 'forget' about it-" he emphasised. "-and they'll meet each other there! Bingo! A date!"

"How many chick flicks do you watch?" I laughed.

"Louis enjoys them," he shrugged. I actually expected that. "So what do you think?"

"I think we should! Then we can call ourselves the puppet masters of the group! Oh! And when they're together we'll just be chilling in the corner with swag, telling everyone 'thats because of our meddling', I winked at him and he burst out laughing.

"You're hysterical!" he cried.

"I'm a hysterical puppet master," I winked again, pulling him back towards the living room.

"When should we set them up?" I whispered in the hallway.

"Next weekend?" he asked.

"Okay!"

We walked back into the room both grinning to get a lot of different looks from everyone. They probably thought we had gone to just have a make-out session but we were planning one thing better: Kris and Nialler. I prayed that it worked, because everything would be so amazing if it did. Everything would be right. Harry and I were one romantic but clever couple.

***