Chapter 3

"Fainted?" Harry asked me. His hand was still lightly resting on my arm, and unfortunately for me I felt like I was going to faint from how much electricity had flown through my body when he had touched me. I had turned into jelly all over. I couldn't believe that this was actually happening to me: I was just hanging out with One Direction! Thanks Gab, for fainting on me. I didn't really blame her though; she must have fainted at the sight of Liam Payne, which I guess I nearly did for Harry Styles. I had felt so embarrassed when I'd asked to get a photo with just him; I mean, I love all of the boys but secretly, I was disappointed when Harry hadn't stood next to me. It wasn't his fault; Louis and Niall seemed to find me quite hysterical. Oh God, when Harry had slid his arm around my waist, I'd just wanted to purposely fall over so that he could catch me. I know, I am insane. I really needed to face reality. I was just another fan. Speaking of reality, Harry was shaking me.

"Carly?" He asked.

"Sorry!" I replied. Did he actually know my name? Holy crap. Every time he said it in his angel-like voice, my heart had skipped a beat.

"I, er, yeah...they really love you guys like I do," I began. So apparently I was confessing my love now. Great. "But I think when Gabby saw Liam it kind of tipped her over the edge."

Liam straightened up at the sound of his name, a beaming smile appearing on his face.

"Gabby? What a lovely name!" He grinned, and began to run ahead of all of us. I looked at Harry who just shrugged his shoulders as if to say: 'don't ask.' 

"Liam, wait!" I ran after him, and grabbed his arm when I reached his side. "What are you doing?" I asked.

"Well I'm going to see if Gabby's okay, what else?" He beamed. I laughed aloud, which made him smile even more.

"Seriously? Don't you guys have to be somewhere?"

"I think Liam can make a pit stop to meet a friend of yours, Carly," Louis replied. I turned around to see the other four boys stopping behind me.

"But no, we don't have to be anywhere, not for a few days anyway," Harry smiled at me, and I had to blink a few times to confirm that I wasn't dreaming. He really was absolutely gorgeous. How lucky would a girl be to have him?

"How come?" I asked after regaining myself.

"We've just come back from America like you, so we have a few days off before we start up again," Harry answered. "I think we should go and see your friends," he wearily added, pointing towards the window. Each of us followed his gaze and found Kristen staring in our direction, her mouth wide open. I waved at her, and she waved back, sending a wink at Niall. Oh dear. Niall seemed confused though; he looked around for a minute before realizing that it was aimed at him. I could just make out Gabby sitting on a chair behind her with a glass of water. They really made me laugh so much. I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around to see Liam giving me a lovely smile. He held a hand out for me, saying: "ladies first." I lead the way to the door with him following me, and my guess was that Harry, Louis, Zayn and Niall were behind him. How on Earth was I acting so casual and cool? And how was I talking to them like I'd known them my entire life?

I ran ahead of the five famous stars, and at that moment, I didn't really what they thought of me; I hadn't seen my friends all summer and had been waiting weeks to hang out with them again. They had constantly been there for me when my parents were going through their divorce, which I really appreciated them for. 

I opened the door into the waiting room to find Kristen standing there. She pulled me in for a warm hug.

"You're back! Thank God! Gab is driving me insane!"

I quietly laughed as we pulled apart. 

"I've missed you," I sighed, then briskly ran over to Gabby who seemed to have regained normality again. I sat down next to her and chuckled quietly.

"Are you okay?" I asked. She started taking in deep breaths, then answered after finishing her water. "I don't know. Weirdest thing: I swear I saw you talking to-"

"-Hello!" Liam came over, hovering above me and Gab. We both looked up, and Liam smiled down at us, first at me, then longer at Gab. I looked over at her, and saw that she couldn't keep her eyes away from his. I was sure that Liam had a girlfriend, though.