Chapter 1

- Hi love, I'm sorry but I won't be there when your plane lands; I got called in at the office - more work! Keys are under the rug outside, so I’ll see you later. Shouldn't be too late, maybe ten ish. Sorry Carls, love you x'

Great. Another 'work related' emergency. She could just tell me about her new super hot boyfriend, I mean, what else could it be? Ever since my parents had split up two years ago, my life had become extremely awkward. My dad had moved to America to try and succeed with his film making, and it seemed as though I was thrown on a plane there every other week whilst my mum took care of 'work related emergencies'. I wasn't overly bothered; I loved America, especially New York where dad now lived. It was now like a second home to me. Though in all honesty, I wasn't sure where my first home was anymore - my life was officially on the road to a gloomy ending. 

Summer had just ended, and much to your surprise I had spent it all with my dad. School started in four days, and my mum had promised me a nice girly long weekend. I really expected that. Right now I was sitting on a plane with an entire whole row to myself. Magazines were sprawled across the seats, most of them teenage ones with One Direction images everywhere across the covers. I just loved them. It seemed like now they were the only people that made me smile. What the hell was I talking about? They didn't even know me! To them, I was just another sixteen year old over obsessed crank. I couldn't even deny that; I had loved them since their time on 'The X Factor', which was almost a year ago, now. And Harry still didn't have a girlfriend. How was that possible?! He was a God! See, I am a crank. I even talk to myself. 

Grabbing my blackberry out of my bag, I dialled Kristen’s number, and she answered on the second ring. 

“Oh my God, Carly, where have you been?! We've barely spoken all summer!”

“I’m so sorry Kris, I just had an amazing time in New York. I literally went everywhere this time and got so much photography done!” I replied, guilt shadowing over me.

“Aw, that’s great. You’ll have to show me your photos when your plane lands! Don't panic; I’m on my way to the airport now with Gabby. I’m guessing that your mum is working again, so we’re all going to catch up in nandos!” she laughed, and I could faintly hear Gabby cheering in the background, which made me laugh. I absolutely loved my two best friends. After a slight pause, Gabby's voice sounded through my phone.

“Hey, Carls! Who knows, today could be the day where we actually meet the boys! And Liam could look into my eyes...” she trailed off. It wasn't hard to guess that she was dreaming again.

“Gab, don’t count on it,” I laughed, receiving a sarcastic comment in reply. “Thanks guys, I’ll see you soon.”

Bye!” they bright said, disconnecting the call.

I smiled and looked up, finding the still plane much more hectic than before. Travellers were grabbing their personal belongings before quickly making their way to the nearest exit. I stayed where I was; I always waited until last to leave a plane. What happened to politeness? People pushed so much these days. After a few minutes I gathered my belongings and put them into my black vintage backpack. I then untied my hair from its loose ponytail, allowing my mid-length brown curls to fall down naturally. Walking towards the exit, I thanked Maria (she was the air hostess, I knew her so well by now and even went out with her sometimes) before making my way down the steep and unsteady stairs. The weather here in London was beautiful today: extremely sunny, though with an added cool breeze. I grabbed my classic Ray-Bans from my light denim shorts and slid them over my bright blue eyes. My friends often made fun of me for my fashion sense; apparently it was very random. One day I'd be wearing something old and vintage, and the next, jeans and a hoodie. Today, I had gone with the vintage look, though. I was styling suede, brogue style ankle boots, denim high-waisted shorts, and a cute collared blouse. To finish the look off, a classic knitted cream cardigan from Jack Wills. I loved jack wills; it was as simple as that.

I looked around at the view surrounding me, and was surprised to discover that the rest of the runway was empty. There were no people, though there was one small helicopter. I didn't think anything of it and so turned away, heading towards the airport entrance. However, when I heard movement behind me I turned around, narrowing my eyes in disbelief. I then lifted my Ray-Bans up slightly just to make sure that I wasn't having another daydream.

Oh my God.

Harry Styles had just stepped out of a helicopter. Was I actually going insane, now? Another body emerged, and Louis Tomlinson followed behind him. He jumped to the floor and stood up straight, screaming: "London Baby! Oh, how I have missed you!" The rest of them followed: Liam Payne, Zayn Malik, and Niall Horan. And I was just standing here gawking at them. Was I...was I officially imagining things? Was my life really this ridiculous? I blinked in shock and found them still standing there. Holy crap, I wasn't dreaming.

I spun my backpack around and instantly opened it, searching for my Nikon bridge camera. I pulled it out and looked between the item and my all time favourite boyband. What was I supposed to do?

'Just go up to them and introduce yourself, you idiot!'

What the hell was that? A conscience? I snapped back to reality and realised that they clearly hadn’t noticed me yet, but they soon would.

I wasn't focused on anything; I just couldn’t stop staring at Harry and his perfect brown curls. That was the reason why I didn’t react at first when my backpack suddenly went flying out of my hands, spilling all of its contents over the floor. 

Crap!” I whispered to myself as I began to scatter things together, though there was too much to just fling in; my whole life was in my backpack! I had just managed to hide the magazines when a hand reached down and began to help me. I didn’t know who I thought it was: Jesus, maybe? But when I looked up and my eyes locked with his perfect, hypnotising, emerald green ones, my heart literally skipped a beat. Christ. I looked down, trying to think of something to say whilst he handed me my things. I looked up and he smiled. Harry Styles...smiled...at me. Whoa.

“I think these are yours?” he asked, a puzzled expression plastered across his face, but I knew that he was kidding. I laughed at him and took hold of them, carefully placing them in my bag.

“Right, erm...yeah. Thank you,” I smiled at him.

“No problem,” he whispered then stood up, offering me his hand. Dear Lord, this was so much better than in my dreams! What was I supposed to do? Hold his hand? Take hold of Harry Styles’ hand? Jeesh, I had to relax! I scooped up my camera and slid my hand into his. It was so soft that I nearly swayed backwards, though his strong grip pulled me up. I looked down and dusted my shorts; I didn’t really know why. I guess I just do random things naturally. He smiled at me then looked around, a puzzled expression forming on his flawless face. 

"Who are you with?" He asked, frowning.

"Erm, no one, just me..." I trailed off, awkwardly smiling. 

"You're not with your parents...or a boyfriend maybe?" He questioned, showing no emotion at all as to what he was thinking. Boyfriend, me? He was most definitely making fun of me already, and he had only spoken to me for two seconds.

"I've just come home from my dad’s in New York; I'm heading to meet my friends now; and then going back to my mum’s tonight," I replied, laughing quietly. "I have a busy life."

Harry thought for a moment, and then responded quietly.

"I'm guessing that you haven't seen your mum all summer?" He asked, continuing as I nodded. "I hate to but in, but aren't you excited to see her?"

"Oh, yes, of course I am! It’s just that she's working. Well, that's what she says, I mean she's always 'working'-" I emphasised with my fingers. "-but I'm really guessing that she isn't."

I raised my eyebrows after realising what I had just told Harry Styles. I hadn't even told Kris and Gab that yet! What the hell was wrong with me?!

"I-I mean-" I stuttered. "-I've 'gotta go."

I quickly turned away, cursing under my breath. Why was I walking away from him? What had happened to being confident and asking for a photograph? It had been pretty obvious, since I'd had my camera in my hand. I guess when it came to meeting new people, I was incredibly shy. Apparently. However, I couldn't ignore the thought that there had been something different about Harry. My conscience told me that if I had continued to talk to him, I could have easily been myself. God, I was insane. I could feel his eyes on me, but there was no way that I was turning around. Though after hearing movement behind me, I actually found myself standing in front of Harry instead. I hadn't even moved. Now I had to be dreaming. 

***

Comments please! They would really be appreciated! I’m not sure whether I’m going to continue, but I’d love to know your thoughts! Vote, as well, please! Please don’t steal, I’m just an innocent directioner :') haha, thanks guys, faye .xo