Chapter 40

I slowly opened my eyes and looked at my surroundings. I was in Harrys bed, my head resting lightly on his chest as it fell up and down with his quiet breathing. I risked a glance up at him and found him smiling down at me.

"How long have you been awake?" I asked, trying to sit up but his arms wrapped around me and so I smiled, sinking back into him. He had this scent, I don't know what it was but it was just him and it was amazing.

"Not long," he finally answered, resting his head on top of mine.

"You could have woke me," I laughed quietly.

"Why would I do that?" he questioned. "I liked watching you sleep...I guess you could call me Edward Cullen in that way."

"I'm not arguing with that," I laughed, feeling a blush rise on my cheeks. I felt him move beside me and so I sat up. This time he let me. He stretched his arm up and placed it around my shoulder.

"I love it when you blush," he commented, stroking my cheek. That just made me blush even more, and he laughed quietly.

"I guess you just have that effect on me," I admitted and he grinned.

"Good," he winked and shifted closer to me. "So, what do you want to do today?"

"See everything!" I squealed, hoping that he would ask that question.

"What?" he laughed, seeming confused. "As in Holmes Chapel?" I nodded. "Well, that should take you about...ten minutes." I laughed, playfully punching him in the stomach.

"I'm serious!" I laughed. "Oh, we have to go the bakery!"

"The...the bakery?" he stuttered slightly, giving me a look as if to say 'are you serious!?'

"Yes, the bakery!" I smiled brightly. "Where you used to work," I added.

"You know, your fangirling issues are slowly coming to surface here," he paused, studying my expression. "But I like it." He bent down and slowly pressed his lips against mine. They were soft and soothing and I smiled against them, sitting up slightly and placing my arms around his neck. I could never get used to kissing Harry. You would think that after awhile, it becomes familiar to you, but each time he kissed me it was new and exotic. And the fireworks never went away.

***

"See you later mum!" Harry shouted into the kitchen.

"Bye kids!" Anne called back. I smiled and Harry opened the door, letting me through. It was still fairly early so it was pretty much deserted. Snow from days ago still decorated the old but beautiful town, and it looked amazing. It reminded me of jack wills in a way, which was crazy to think, but I am crazy.

Harrys fingers linked through mine and I squeezed his hand slightly. I couldn't get used to this relationship yet, it was so perfect. We walked hand in hand along the slippery road, careful not to fall over. I laughed hysterically when Harry almost went flying on a piece of black ice - luckily his grip on me saved him and he flushed slightly, looking down and smiling. He made me heart melt.

"You're so funny," I remarked after controlling the laughter.

"Really?" he asked looking around...for what? To make sure no one was there? Well no one was here, which seemed to please him. He grabbed my waist and flung me over his shoulder, as he had done before.

"What is this for?!" I screamed, glad that no one was around.

"Laughing at me!" he said. "It's also fun though." I could somehow guess that he was grinning and when his hand patted my bum sitting next to him I widened my eyes. Oh my god.

"I am going to kill you," I whispered, not being able to speak at all.

"Not back there you're not," he sarcastically replied.

"Ha-ha."

"I'll let you off the hook," he said before lifting me back up and gently placing me down. I glared at him and he winked in response. Tearing away from his gaze, I came face to face with a park.

"I give you...Holmes Chapel park," he shook his hands in a jazz way and I laughed at his attempt at being a tour guide.

"Nice," I laughed as we walked through the gate. It was only a small park but it was really cute, the obvious children's playground was in the corner and benches surrounded the rest of the area. Harry stayed a few steps behind me, obviously seeing where I would go. I decided on the childrens area, I was young at heart! Careful not to fall over, I ran towards the swings which were covered in water slightly. I brushed it off with the sleeve of my coat and sat down, noticing Harry take the seat beside me. I swung back and forth slightly, studying him. He was wearing a brown coat which reminded me of him in the ‘gotta be you’ music video. I know, fan alert, but I was. I loved his music, I loved his voice. I loved everything about him. As if reading my mind, Harry spoke up.

“You know...” he trailed off, looking away from me. “I wrote a song about you.”

“What?” I blurted. He looked up and smiled, this time more confidently.

“One of the songs on the I album, I, I...wrote about you,” he confessed. I raised my eyebrows and began to speak, but no words came out. I didn’t know what to say.

“You...you did?” I gasped. 

“Yes,” he laughed slightly and then spoke again. “Everything about you.” I stopped when he said, I just finally froze.

“That...th- that song is about me?” I gasped after several awaiting seconds. I ran through the lyrics in my head, smiling at each line that I recognised between Harry and I. ‘On the other side of the world it don’t matter...I’ll be there in two...from the way that we touch...to the way that you kiss...there’s something about your laugh that makes me wanna have to...every minute’s like our last...I still feel it every time...it’s just something that you do...the only one I wanted...without you I can’t face it...let them say what they want...its everything about YOU.’

“...yeah.”

My gaze snapped up and locked with Harry’s. I knew how he felt. Of course, I knew that he loved me and that was enough to make my heart flutter and beat right out of its chest, but this. THIS. His feelings about me were out there, being shared with the world. Through one amazing, deep song. And...wait, when was the album released? November? So when had he wrote that? A while ago, was all that I could think. I couldn’t believe it. Snapping away from my buzzing thoughts, I realised that he was studying me with a curious expression. I didn’t know what to say that would show how I felt so I stood up and closed the metre gap between us. He smiled brightly and opened his arms. I sat on his lap and he wrapped them around me, holding my tightly.

“I love you,” I whispered against his chest.

“I love you too,” he kissed my hair, and I smiled, never wanting this moment to end.

***