Chapter 23

“What do we do now?”

“Lift her up!”

“What? No, we wake her!”

“You don't wake a sleeping girl! Lift her up!”

“Me? Why me? You do it!” I hissed. Lou just looked at me blankly.

“Take her,” he protested.

“You take her,” I replied and he sighed.

“You need to realise where you are,” he said, scooping Carly up into his arms and carrying her out of the room and up the stairs. I sat down and buried my face in my hands. Everything would be okay. Carly would leave tomorrow and then the tour started the day after. As nervous as I was, I couldn't help but feel excited and relieved; I could have a break from all of this. Everything would be okay.

***

My eyes quickly fluttered open and I shot up, looking around me. I was lying in the large double bed in the guest bedroom. Looking under the covers, I found myself wearing a huge tee shirt. Why was my life so awkward? I jumped up out of the bed and ran over to the desk where the small, digital clock was sitting. It read 9:05am and I breathed a small sigh of relief; I usually slept in a lot later on the weekends. I ran over to the closet and pulled out dark jeans and a baggy jumper. Sending a quick text thanking georgia, I got changed and quietly closed the door behind me, tip-toeing down the stairs. I entered the living room to find Louis casually flicking through channels. At the sound of the door closing he looked up and smiled warmly.

“Morning! You're up early!” He laughed, stopping the channel on E4.

“So are you!” I cheered, sitting down next to him.

“Did you sleep well?” Louis asked and I looked up.

“Yeah, er, I think I went into some crazy deep sleep because one minute I was on this couch and then I just woke up upstairs in different clothes,” I raised my eyebrows in an amusing way. Louis widened his eyes and began to stutter.

“I...er, well, I mean, I carried you upstairs but then Harry thought you wouldn't be comfy so he, er-”

“Harry?” I interrupted.

“Yeah?” I heard so looked up to see him walking into the room.

“Morning,” he smiled at me.

“Morning,” I replied, looking away from him slightly after feeling a huge blush rise in my cheeks.

“Do you want a coffee?” He asked, handing a cup over to Lou. I stood up, suddenly feeling awkward. I grabbed my mac from the radiator beside me and watched as Harry and Louis stood too.

“No, I, er...I'm fine - thank you. I'm actually going to get out of your way, you guys need to get ready!” I smiled.

“You don't have to leave,” Harry said.

“Its fine harry, I need to face my mum sooner rather than later, thank you so much for “having me though!” I brightly encouraged.

“Ill go get my keys,” Louis smiled and left the room. God they were so lovely.

“Have you got everything?” Harry warmly asked.

“I'll just run upstairs,” I whispered, brushing past him and heading to the room. I gravved my clothes from where Harry had left them (he'd kindly washed them for me last night) and my phone from the desk. I quickly made the bed and ran downstairs to find them both waiting for me.

“Okay,” I smiled as they let me out first. “Are you sure you don't mind giving me a lift?” I asked.

“No, we're heading to tesco anyway; Niall has instructed us to buy food, its a long coach journey tonight to get to Manchester,” I laughed, thinking of Niall. He was so cute.

We all god into the car and Louis began to drive. We chatted for the whole journey, talking mostly about the tour. I didn't tell the we were camping out to get at the front though, they would have thought we were mad. After our short journey Louis soon pulled outside my house and I reluctantly sughed after seeing Gary's car parked in the driveway. I opened the door and stepped out, walking over to the passenger blackened-out window where it automatically rolled down.

“You sure you don't want to come to tesco with us first?” Harry asked, looking up at me.

“After the suspicion we've got, I think I'll pass,” I laughed and he smiled back.

“Do you want me to come to the door?” He asked.

“No, its fine Harry, really,” without thinking, my eyes found his hand resting on the window edge and I placed mine on top of his, squeezing it slightly. After realising what I had just done, I quickly pulled it away.

“Thank you,” I quickly whispered, turning away and walking towards the front door where I stopped. I quickly turned around and, noticing the car driving away, found Harry looking at me. I met his gaze and he held it strongly. He didn't smile and neither did I. We just stared at each other until I turned away, sighing slightly as I knocked on the door and dread facing my mum and future step-dad.

***