Chapter 5

My eyes flew wide open at the sound of my phone buzzing. I opened the text message and quickly scanned it over after finding that it was from Gabby.

-Yo C. What are you up to today? Fancy coming out? xoxo

-We're going to Harry & Louis' apartment. The other guys are probably going to be there too. I've sorted it all out, Harry's sending a car to my house at 1 to pick us up :) ,xxxx

-Hahahahahahahahaha!

-What? ,x

-See now I actually don't think you're kidding. Are you serious, Carly?! xoxo

-...yeah? ,xxxx

-OMG!!! I don't even have an outfit! 90 minutes?! You're giving me 90 minutes to get ready for the best day of my life?! I don't even have anything to wear! Does Kristen know?! xoxo

-Erm, no, 60 minutes actually. Get to mine for 12:30, I don't want to be late! And nope, could you possibly tell her? She'll kill me if I'm the one phoning her! ,xxxx

-Sorry, what? I couldn't understand the text because I'm TOO BUSY GETTING READY! And yes, ill sort it out, but don't worry about her, worry about me because I'LL be the one killing you when I see you! But kissing you too, because I adore you. As a friend. That's all. Ciao xoxo

The excitement running through my body was simply surreal. I was going to Harry Styles' apartment today! What was I supposed to wear? I couldn't go too dressy; we were probably just going to chill all day.

'Casual or dressy?' I quickly messaged Gabby.

'FLIRTY.' She automatically replied. Great.

I took a quick shower, then straightened my hair and messed up my layered side fringe. Searching through my wardrobe, I found a cream long sleeved lacy top with a built in bra-shaped vest underneath. I threw it on over a pair of black jeggings and lace up black boots. Wait, was I aiming for flirty or sexy? It didn't even matter, no way was I going that way with anyone (definitely not Harry.), no chance at all. But Gabby would have to be the judge of how I looked.

There was a loud knock on the door and I jumped down the stairs, running past the kitchen and grabbing a bright yellow post-it that stood out on the fridge. I stopped to read it over:

'Carly, call me. I'm so sorry about last night, I’ll make it up to you, I promise. I love you, honey x'

I sighed and pushed the paper into my pocket. Maybe she actually was working. I guess I could forgive her. Aw hell, I didn't know what to do with my family these days.

Pulling open the door, I felt my breath being knocked out of me as Kristen and Gabby started hugging me and jumping up and down. 

"Can't...breathe," I stammered and they let go.

"Carly Gilbert, I love you!" Kristen screamed. "Wow! Loving the look! Harry will definitely go for that," she added, winking. I immediately felt myself blush.

"Stop it. You know he only asked us because they might just possibly like us as friends. Nothing more," I replied, even though my voice was screaming at me the exact opposite.

"Well, excuse me for dreaming big! You won't get anywhere in life otherwise!" She replied. They both looked really nice: Gabby was wearing a floral summer dress and Kristen a blouse with jeggings.

"Where's your mum?" Gabby asked. I raised my eyebrows.

"Seriously? She's working again?" Kristen said. I nodded then sighed. "I don't know what to do anymore. It’s like she doesn't even care about me. She didn't get home until just before midnight."

They shook their heads, then Gabby showed a beaming smile. "Just forget about it now, because we're about to spend the day with some sex gods."

I burst out laughing, and then ran up to my bedroom, calling down to them: "I just need to finish my makeup - make yourselves comfortable!"

"Already have done!" Kristen called back.

I finished off my smoky eye'd look with eyeliner, then added some clear lipgloss. I didn't want them thinking I was a goth. Smoky eyeshadow just paired well with my silvery blue eyes. Grabbing my bag and phone, I hurried down the stairs and noticed a silhouette shape at the door. I ran over and opened it to find a man with a suit on. He looked very smart, like he could work for one direction. Ooh.

"Miss Carly Gilbert?" He asked, addressing me.

"Er...yes, hello..." I trailed off when I noticed the shiny black car parked on the road. I widened my eyes.

"I'm Harry and Louis' driver. It’s a pleasure to meet you," he said, holding out a hand. I took it and grinned sheepishly.