Chapter 11.

Delilah's POV

"What about this one?"

"It's pink."

"So that's a no?" My mum responded. We had been in this dress store for almost an hour now and my mum still doesn't understand I'm not wearing a pink dress. I didn't even want to go to this stupid winter formal which was happening at the end of the week on Friday night, there is much better things I could be doing, like reblogging band members way out of my league. I sighed as I slipped my phone back in my pocket, still no contact from Riley, it was starting to bug me now. "You know you could at least help." My mum huffed.

"I'm not a dress expert." I responded.

"Just find something with a nice colour, please." She literally begged.

"Fine." I sighed and went looking through the many rails.

"We have to get your dress tonight so Harry can get his bowtie." My mum said grinning.

"Why do we have to be matching? It's not prom." I stated.

"You'll look cute." She gushed.

"Oh God mum please don't." I said pretending to hurl.

"I don't see what your problem is with the poor boy." She sighed.

"You don't have to see him every day." I retorted.

"When are you going to grow up?" She said getting fed up of me.

"When it's my next birthday." I replied sarcastically.

"Very funny, now look over there." She said ushering at the rails.

"This is a nice colour." I said holding up a dress.

"Black isn't a colour and you always wear black; you need to brighten up a bit."

"I'm wearing bright red skinny jeans, how bright do you want me to get?" I said placing the dress back; I didn't actually like it I just wanted to see my mums' reaction.

"Do you like peach?" She asked, still flicking through the rails.

"Do you like bananas?" I responded joking.

"This peach dress is nice." She said, ignoring my remark and holding up a hideous dress. I scrunched my face up in disgust. "Why don't you try some dresses on, they might look better on than on a rail." She said forcing me into a dressing room. She went along the rails gathering random dresses. I slid the curtain across and began changing into the first dress she flung at me. It was a turquoise and blue one. I pulled the curtain across with as much emphasise as possible. "Oh, that's actually quite nice." She said readjusting the dress around me.

"I don't think it's really me and it's really short." I said, trying to pull the hemline down.

"It is a tad on the slut side." My mum said causing me to laugh. "What? I can be funny sometimes." She said pushing me back inside the 3 foot by 3 foot box.

"You do realise putting me in a pink dress is torture and clearly your death wish." I said shouting over the curtain.

"Are you done yet?" She asked, ignoring my last statement.

"Yes." I grunted swinging back the curtain. My mum's response wasn't what I expected. "Why are you laughing?" I said annoyed.

"You were right; pink is not your colour." She said through bursts of laughter.

"Okay, that's it. I'm not trying anymore on." I said annoyed and slinging the dress off.

"Okay, we'll try again tomorrow." I grunted in response, not looking forward to wasting another evening dress shopping.