Chapter 60.

Delilah's POV

Harry's hand slipped out of mine, he looked extremely pale, I thought he was going to faint, but I couldn't be there to catch him.

"No, no, no." He cried out. I was gasping for breath, the air wasn't circulating my lungs, I was losing sensation in everything, this is it, I thought. My last words were said to Harry Styles, the only person I had truly ever loved. I tried calling out to him, but he was too busy pacing, all that was coming out of my mouth was short, sharp breaths. My breathing became more intense, the air just wasn't going in. Why was it so painful? I found strength in my arm and shook the metal bar on the bed as hard as I could. Harry's eyes shot over towards me, I released the bar, and continued to gasp for air. "Delilah?" He shouted, I was losing all my senses, his voice sounded distant yet he was stood less than a foot away from me. "Delilah?!" He shouted again. I stared at him wide eyed, I was trying to signal to him that this was wrong. I started to panic when he ran out of the room faster than a racing car but his voice calmed me, only slightly. I could hear him screaming for a nurse, shouting down the halls. I was picturing the annoyed faces of everyone else in the building but he clearly didn't seem to care. He came charging back into the room, followed by four other boys.

"What's going on?" Louis asked rushing to my side, sounding panicked. The other boys were quick to gather around.

"Please stay with me." Harry begged, he spoke quietly whilst holding my hand in his. His eyes were boring into mine, pleading me, but I couldn't do anything, I was helpless against my own body.

"Coming through!" A nurse announced as she pushed through the boys. She grabbed my wrist, checking my pulse I assumed even though there was a heart monitor right next to my head. "Delilah, can you hear me?" She shouted practically right into my ear. I let out a sharp gasp of air, it was all I could respond. "Do you realise what is happening?" She asked. "Blink once for yes, twice for no." She added, noting the fact I couldn't breathe, let alone speak. I blinked once, my ears will still working, just not perfectly. "This is what you want isn't it?" She asked. I looked at Harry, he was in tears which left me with my heart feeling like it was being torn apart. I looked at Louis, he was on the brink of tears, grasping my other hand, shaking his head at me, was he encouraging me to say no? Niall looked scared, as if he didn't know what to expect, I just wanted to hug him and tell him everything is going to be fine but I couldn't. Zayn was holding onto Niall, as if they were both comforting each other, I had never seen them so close and it was destroying me thinking this could be the last time I see them. Liam looked worried, he was eagerly watching my face as well as the other boys, he would have to look after them once I was gone, he was the father figure, the boys wouldn't survive without him. Whilst I knew them, he was also the one that kept me sane. I turned my eyes back towards Harry, he bent down and placed his lips on my hand, not taking his eyes away from me. I looked straight into his eyes, feeling every emotion that was lurking beneath them. He didn't say anything but his face was tearing me apart and I wanted to see it again, happy and full of joy, I didn't want the last time I see Harry Styles' face to be sad. I looked at the nurse and blinked twice. Harry gripped my hand tighter, he showed a hint of a smile but fear was written all over his face. Absolutely terrified must be scrawled across mine.

"Can we get a doctor in here?" The nurse called out through the speaker system. I was surprised with how fast the doctors had appeared in the doorway. Just as they approached the bed I could feel the air fading quickly, nothing was going in and my lungs felt like that were being sucked off all previous air. My heart was functioning so fast I could feel it beating against my rib cage. I wanted to breathe, I wanted to live again but it was too late. Blackness sucked me in like a black hole. I was gone.

Bloody hell those lights are bright, was the first thing I thought when I appeared to have control of my body. I felt like I was floating, was I in the sky? Was this heaven? Where are the golden gates? I smiled widely, this wasn't that bad, I wasn't in pain anymore. I began to sway my arms, my legs didn't sway but I still felt like I was moving. I concentrated on the white light in front of me. I wanted to reach out and touch it, but I couldn't reach it. All of a sudden a black cloud appeared above me, blocking out some of the light. I wanted to push it away but it wouldn't go.

Harry's POV

"Delilah?" I called out to her. She hadn't even acknowledged my presence or the others at all.

"What is she doing?" Niall asked getting up from his seat.

"I have no idea." I replied, looking at Delilah, totally confused.

"She's smiling." Liam noted.

"I don't think she realises where she is." I replied. "Delilah?" I asked again, but still got nothing in response except for a waving arm in front of my face.

"I don't think she can hear us." Louis added.

"Because I hadn't already figured that out Einstein." I replied joking in a sarcastic way, gently hitting him round the head.

"So what do we do now?" Liam asked, a question I hadn't even thought of. Before any of us could respond the same nurse from earlier walked in, her face grew with a smile when she noticed Delilah was sort of awake.

"I see she's awake."

"She can't hear us, or speak or anything except wave he arms around." I replied grabbing hold of Delilah's arm, swaying them with more emphasize.

"That would be the medication she's on." She responded checking the clipboard on the end of her bed. I made a slight 'o' shape with my mouth. "It's a sort of a hallucinate drug, it'll wear off in a couple of hours."

"So she's going to be doing this for a couple of hours?" I asked holding up Delilah's arm and raising my eyebrows.

"Who knows what she'll do."

"Will she be in pain afterwards?"

"She's on pain relief, so it shouldn't be too bad. Like I said the operation was successful."

"Oh okay." I replied looking back down at Delilah, her pupils in her eyes were practically covering the whole of her eyeball.

"How come if that operation could get rid of the cancer, why wasn't she offered it in the first place?" Liam asked, I had never thought of that, but it made me angry to think she didn't have to go through all that pain.

"Well strictly speaking, the operation isn't normally used to treat this type of cancer, but it was the only choice if Delilah was too survive at all. Also doctors don't like to perform it because there's a slim chance of survival. Delilah is one of the lucky few." She smiled.

"Will she be able to speak again?" I asked.

"If she makes a full recovery, then I'd like to say yes." She responded still with a smile on her face as she walked out. I slumped back into my seat, still staring at Delilah, I just wanted her to wake up properly.

"There there." Louis spoke as he patted my head. I leant against his chest, like a girl would do to a guy, but with mine and Louis' friendship this was nothing out of the ordinary. I looked up at him and he grinned at me. If people didn't know us, they'd think we were in a relationship, but it's fun to play on it.

"Get a room." Niall responded to our actions.

"Is Niall upset he's missing out on some action?" A voice spoke. We all jumped up from our seats and ran next to the bed. Delilah was lying with her eyes wide open and a massive grin on her face.

"You're awake." I practically cried.

"You can't get rid of me that easily." She chuckled. My Delilah was back, was all I kept thinking. The smile on my face couldn't have been any bigger.

"Damn, and I wanted Harry all to myself." Louis joked. I was still in a complete happiness trance that I barely let out a laugh at one of Louis' ridiculous jokes. My Delilah is back, I smiled.