Chapter 23.

Delilah's POV

The bell rang signalling the end of registration. I would normally be happy about this but not today, I hated Monday mornings, who wants gym first thing on a Monday? I can barely crawl out of bed let alone run around doing some stupid team building activities. I hauled my tired body down the corridors and into the gym hall. Everyone else was already there, I have such a bad habit of being late to lessons and well everything in general. I shrugged of the glares of the girls in the changing room. I dumped my bag down on the bench furthest away and nowhere near anyone else; I'm such an antisocial person. I'm glad the school didn't have some stupid gym uniform everyone had to wear, I can't stand looking like everyone else, I needed originality and individuality. I proceeded to get changed slipping on my Hard Rock Café sweat pants and DC shoes. I slipped the shirt I was wearing slightly over my head but it got caught on my necklace. Before I could do anything someone pushed me up against the wall and I saw the faint flash of a camera through the linen, perfect. I couldn't fight back since my arms were trapped by my shirt, when I eventually freed myself there was no-one around, everyone had left the changing rooms. I didn't have to do some sort of investigation into was responsible for the camera, I could hear sniggering behind one of the walls. I quickly slipped on my gym shirt and stood facing the enemy.

"What are you going to do with it?" I asked referring to the photo.

"I could delete it." Charlotte retorted.

"That would be the nice thing to do, but since you aren't nice I don't expect that from you."

"You really like winding me up don't you?" She snarled.

"You make it so damn easy."

"Well I'll see how easy it is to wind you up when this photo is posted everywhere."

"Everywhere?" I gulped.

"Yep, Facebook, twitter and all around school." She replied smirking.

"Like anyone is going to care, they've probably all seen a girl in a bra before." I argued back.

"We'll soon see who's laughing when this is on every square inch of the school."

"What is your problem with me?" I asked getting straight to the point of this stupid banter.

"You're the problem." She stuttered.

"So you just have a problem with me in general?" I asked raising my eyebrows at her.

"You're a whore." She stated like earlier.

"So you said but how exactly am I a whore?" I asked taking a step towards her.

"You stole my boyfriend." She practically screamed.

"What the heck are you talking about?!" I said raising my voice.

"He's mine!" She shouted.

"Who?!" I shouted back.

"HARRY!" She bellowed.

"I didn't steal him and he's not your boyfriend." I said, I suddenly realised I made it sound like I was implying something has happened between me and him the way I'm getting defensive over it.

"He wants to be!" She shouted again.

"Not every boy wants you, not everyone likes you, you just like the attention." I snarled. I probably shouldn't have said that because she slapped me square in the face. "Shit." I said as I watched her run off, no doubt to post the picture. I walked out of changing rooms and into the bathrooms so I could check my face, there was a giant red hand print on my left cheek, typical I didn't bring any cover up today either. There wasn't a lot I could so I walked out and into the gym were my class was joined by the boys which was strange.

"Nice of you to join us." Mr Merrick, the gym teacher responded. I rolled my eyes at him and went and stood near the back.

"Nice face." One of the jocks said whilst holding back his laughter.

"Thanks." I replied sarcastically before sending him dagger eyes.

"For today's lesson only we've had to join the classes together since Miss Rae is of sick. There are a few options; bench ball, dodge ball or football." He lectured on. Most of the girls groaned at his options, seriously the boys are always so violent why would we want to play any of those games with them? They would manage to make tiddlywinks aggressive. Dodge ball won the vote, I already looked like I had been beaten up I didn't need extra punishment. Instead of picking teams everyone settled on boys V's girls. I wasn't bothered about this choice, at least I couldn't get picked last this way.

Throughout the majority of the games I hadn't really been trying, it's still too early. The boys had won all the games, most of the girls were in a huff about this and I was starting to get annoyed, they believed they were the more relevant sex since they could play dodge ball, but in my defence half of the girls are worried about breaking a nail and won't go near the ball.

When the final game started the boys got even more violent, I decided it was time to fight back even if I would be fighting on my own. Another girl stepped forward with me, Juliet was the captain of the girl's football team so she's athletic anyway, and my strength was just coming from anger.

After defeating pretty much all of the boys' team there was only one man left standing; Harry and what would you know, I was the last girl standing. Things could get personal. Silence fell around the dodge ball area whilst everyone looked on. We both slowly walked to the middle with a ball accompanying both of us.

"What happened to your face?" He said eyeing the bright red mark.

"Charlotte." I replied cutting to the chase.

"Do you want a matching one on the opposite side." He teased, balancing the ball on the end of his finger.

"Smooth." I replied sarcastically.

"Nice hair." He said, I couldn't tell if he was being serious or not.

"Thanks." I said narrowing my eyes at him.

"No problem."

"So would you prefer the face or .... Somewhere lower down." I winked at him, I could sense panic amongst him which made me smirk.

"You're mean, but not that mean."

"I'm not mean, I just get even." I replied. We started pacing backwards, mirroring each other's moves, neither one of us throwing our balls, we continued to see who would gamble first. I've always been patient so I wasn't surprised Harry had given up and thrown his ball, he missed by an inch, within the split second of the his ball crashing past my face I threw mine back hitting square on the chest, bulls eye. For once I was surrounded by applaud and not glares. Harry walked up to me and shook my hand.

"Good game and nice shot."

"Thanks, you need to learn to be more patient."

"And you need to stay out of trouble." He said pointing at my face.

"Trouble follows me." I replied before walking into the changing rooms. I quickly changed into my previous outfit just in time before the bell rang.

I pushed opened the door of the changing rooms and back into the bustling corridors of the school. I could sense the eyes on me, this was starting to get sort of normal. I knew exactly why. The school was wallpapered with the picture Charlotte took. There was two options I could take, I could show her it was getting to me by ripping them all down, but me being me took the second option and smirked at her and walked passed with my head held high, laughing at the wolf whistles that followed me.

"Nice tattoo!" Some random kid shouted.

"Thanks!" I shouted back and turned my gaze to Charlotte who looked like she was about to explode from anger, she's fighting a losing battle, she'll have to give up soon when she realises she's not getting anywhere.