Chapter 7

Delilah's POV

I didn't stop to look behind me at all, I practically ran out of the house hoping to never see his face again. I couldn't ring my mum; it hadn't even been an hour since she dropped me off so I carried on walking into the abyss. I had no idea where I was going I just needed to be alone and as far away from there as possible. I regretted not taking a jacket but I couldn't change that now. I let a single tear slide down my face as I couldn't hold it in any longer, I don't even know why I'm crying but I feel as if I should.

How could he kiss me? Who did he think he was? Harry Styles of course. I shivered at the thought of the kiss, not because it was horrible but because I actually kissed back. I could have stood there and slapped him square in the face but I did the opposite. I felt stupid for thinking it felt right at the time but it really did, it was better than any other kiss I had before but I would never tell him that. I just want to forget it ever happened but I can't, I don't know if it's because it just happened or something else but it won't leave my mind. I can still feel his lips on mine, I can't stop thinking about it, this can't be good. I groaned thinking about it, why me? I thought, he could have kissed any girl at that party but no he kissed me. If only I had stayed downstairs and out of sight, for once in my life why couldn't I have been the good girl my parents had always wanted? Or even better why didn't I get so drunk I wouldn't have even remembered it.

I practically stopped dead in my tracks; what if he tells someone? He will no doubt make up a story about how I came onto him and he threw me off, just to shove my reputation of what I barely have in the first place further down the toilet. I rubbed my temples, still trying to forget about it but it was haunting me. I walked further down the empty street and came face to face with the door to Starbucks. My shivering hand pulled the handle and I huddled inside, embracing the warm air and one of my favourite smells; coffee, freshly brewed. Before I got distracted by the smell I walked up to the counter and waited in line. The couple in front of me were discussing Christmas, I hadn't even thought about it, it was still months away and I'm never organised, I tend to Christmas shop on the 24th. I smiled when the radio subtly blasted out Coffee Shop Soundtrack by All Time Low through the speakers, I laughed under my breath at how relevant this song was to where I was, although the storyline is far from different to my position I was in.

"Can I get a grande mocha please?" I asked the guy behind the counter, I couldn't help notice he had a really nice smile, which was slightly distracting when he spoke to me.

"Are you staying in?" He asked, his voice was harmonious just like his smile. He was like one of those tumblr boys, he seemed perfect. I don't normally sound like this talking about boys but something about him attracted me.

"Y-yes please." I managed to stutter out, probably making a fool out of myself. I'm probably paying attention to him to get my mind of other things but I didn't mind, he was nice to look at.

"Cream?" He asked, his eyes gleaming. He had those cute brown eyes that reminded you off puppies.

"Yes please." I said more confidently this time, smiling back at him. I watched him write down my drink order on the side of the cup, I found it adorable how he was left handed and struggle to write around the handle.

"That's £3.35 please." He asked. I handed him a five pound note and watched as he didn't snatch but gently took it out of my hand, this boy was mesmerizing.

"Keep the change." I said, walking along to the pickup point. I was so tempted to say 'you filthy animal' after that, referring to an All Time Low song and Home Alone, however he would have probably been freaked out.

"Are you sure?" He asked flashing his charming smile.

"Yeah, don't worry." I said with my smile gleaming back at him. He went back to take more orders whilst I watched my drink being freshly brewed.