Chapter 3.

"Delilah you're going to be late!" My mum practically shouted at me when she ran in my room, far too early for a Friday morning. I've been dreading this day so much, I was hoping to sleep right through it but my parents had other ideas. She ripped my duvet off me revealing my now freezing body. I groaned in response, trying to turn over and grab my duvet back. "No, up, now." She demanded. I swung my legs over the side of the bed and grabbed my throbbing head. It felt like I had a hangover however I hadn't been drinking. My mum finally walked out of my room, leaving my duvet in a pile near the door. I threw by duvet back on my bed, the next time I'll be able to get in bed the worst could have happened. I waltzed over to my bathroom and stepped into the shower allowing the steaming hot water to run over me, gradually I let the water turn cold, I like to finish with a cold shower, it cleanses the skins and helps your hair grow faster. I stood outside the shower shivering, trying to find a towel. Finally I found one, situated on the towel rack, which would have been an obvious place to look first. I slung a towel around my hair too and walked back into my bedroom. I went through to my wardrobe and grab an outfit for the day. I got changed into my red skinny jeans, black Aerosmith sleeveless shirt and a plain black hoodie. I released the towel from my hair and put it into its usual bun. I put my eyeliner on and made weird pouty faces in the mirror mimicking the Facebook pictures of almost every girl in my year.

I walked downstairs to find my mum rushing around everywhere, so far I've gathered that she has an important meeting she can't miss or be late to. I didn't even have to chance to go to the kitchen to have breakfast before she was throwing my bag over my shoulder and dragging me out of the door. She drove a lot faster than normal and didn't even try to communicate to anyone who was ringing any of her phones. This meeting must really be important. I didn't dare put the radio in case she snapped at me, she does that when she gets stressed, it's not a pretty sight.

"Are you going or what?" She shouted at me as she pulled up in the usual place. I sighed and slammed the car door behind me. I walked the rest of the way to school in silence, my head was still pounding and I had no idea why. For once I was early to school, this was definitely weird. I walked into my empty form room and slammed my bag on the table. I sat on top of my desk, watching life pass by out of the window. I didn't realise how long I had been staring aimlessly until the rest of my class started piling in.

"You're gonna break the table if you're not careful." Harry yelled across the room behind my back. The rest of the class that was present laughed in response, I, however wasn't going to stoop to his level and fight back. I rolled my eyes, not even bothering to turn around.

"I can hear it creaking." Louis seemed to joke, at my expense. I rolled my eyes again thinking how pathetic they were, when are they going to grow up?

"Delilah, get off the table." Our teacher said as soon as he walked through the door. I hoped down and onto my seat with little enthusiasm. "Thank you." He proceeded to take the register whilst I mindlessly started to doodle on the already graffiti covered table. "Can you raise your hand if you're coming to parents evening tonight so we have a rough idea of numbers please." He asked, I turned to face the class, everyone but me had their hands high in the air or slightly raised above their desks. I noticed a certain group of eyes on me like they were waiting for me to put my hand up. I saw Zayn whisper something to Harry which in turn he smirked at, clearly about me, he was looking right at me as he said it. Probably some stupid joke about how I don't have parents or something obscure. "Delilah, won't you be coming?" Our teacher asked. I turned around to face him and answered;

"Oh I'll be there." I replied confidently and turning around to smirk at the 'populars' who had confusion written all over their faces. I don't know why I replied so confidently, I wasn't confident about going, in fact I was dreading it, I just wanted to shut them up.